Tennis Forum banner

How many major titles will Iga Swiatek win in her singles career?

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
20,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serious question.
After that imperious demolition of the RG favourite, it seems she has what it takes to become a (multi) slam champion in the future.

Reactions: AwonderfulKiwi

·
always getting what i want
18,173 Posts

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
her that girl off your brain .... it’s unhealthy to always be hating on kids She has nothing to do with this conversation.
Who on earth is hating? Look at this logically: everyone who has posted about Gauff's performance this week has commented on the fact that her first serve is good, but her second needs a lot of work (viz 19 double faults in one match!); her forehand is adequate, but not much more; her backhand is very good; her movement and anticipation are also very good; she gets rattled and starts to bash, especially her second serves, if the match starts to go against her.

Contrast those comments with what we saw today from Swiatek, and there is simply no comparison - Iga was light years ahead of anything we've seen this week from Coco. Now, to put that into perspective, Iga is just under three years older than her. Let Coco have those three years learning and strengthening, and it's quite likely that she will be at roughly the level Iga is now - maybe a bit better, because Iga has concentrated on her education, whereas Coco has been playing tennis.

In the meantime, though, I think back to my post from the "What will happen in five years" thread (or whatever it was called - I can't find it!) from several months ago, where I wrote something along the lines of "Swiatek, having now won the last six Grand Slam doubles titles with Maja Chwalinska and completed the Calendar Slam..." Some rubbish like that, anyway!

·
Registered
991 Posts
0-1
Who on earth is hating? Look at this logically: everyone who has posted about Gauff's performance this week has commented on the fact that her first serve is good, but her second needs a lot of work (viz 19 double faults in one match!); her forehand is adequate, but not much more; her backhand is very good; her movement and anticipation are also very good; she gets rattled and starts to bash, especially her second serves, if the match starts to go against her.

Contrast those comments with what we saw today from Swiatek, and there is simply no comparison - Iga was light years ahead of anything we've seen this week from Coco. Now, to put that into perspective, Iga is just under three years older than her. Let Coco have those three years learning and strengthening, and it's quite likely that she will be at roughly the level Iga is now - maybe a bit better, because Iga has concentrated on her education, whereas Coco has been playing tennis.

In the meantime, though, I think back to my post from the "What will happen in five years" thread (or whatever it was called - I can't find it!) from several months ago, where I wrote something along the lines of "Swiatek, having now won the last six Grand Slam doubles titles with Maja Chwalinska and completed the Calendar Slam..." Some rubbish like that, anyway!
Long unneccassary essay. They’re right that person was hating for no reason.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
If BBB can easily win slams, why does Sabalenk still get nothing? And just this girl beat Halep who is always allergic to big hitters. She still has so much to prove.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts