Tennis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Chionophile
40,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most greats have won their first slams after their 1st or 2nd finals: Williams (1st and 2nd), Hingis (1st), Evert (3rd final?), Navratilova (3rd final?).

I'm just worried cause history is a little against Kim now. I hope she still proves me wrong.

I certainly hope she doesn't turn out like another Fernandez (0-3) or Sukova (0-4).

Come on, Kim.

Congrats, Justine.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Well, Novotna and Sabatini were each in a few finals before finally winning one - though they each only won 1 total. Navratilova lost a few before winning one, I believe.

·
Registered
15,727 Posts
i wouldnt worry though
i dont think those other players are quite in the same league as kim
did they reach two finals in a year?

·
Chionophile
40,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
moby said:
i wouldnt worry though
i dont think those other players are quite in the same league as kim
did they reach two finals in a year?
I assume you're talking about Sukova and Fernandez, no they didn't. And neither did they reach #1 or win as many tournaments as Kim in a year. Not to mention at her age. Look, I'm still optimistic, heck she's 20! She'll be back, just a little worried that losing in too many GS finals might put doubts in her mind.

I know about Agassi, he lost two French and 1 US and won a tour c'ships before he won his Wimbledon. Maybe, Kim will repeat that. :D

·
Banned
1,632 Posts
Sam L said:
I assume you're talking about Sukova and Fernandez, no they didn't. And neither did they reach #1 or win as many tournaments as Kim in a year. Not to mention at her age. Look, I'm still optimistic, heck she's 20! She'll be back, just a little worried that losing in too many GS finals might put doubts in her mind.

I know about Agassi, he lost two French and 1 US and won a tour c'ships before he won his Wimbledon. Maybe, Kim will repeat that. :D
I know what your sayin! I luv me some Miss Kim and I got confidence in her that she's gonna win a few Slams and have great career. But I tell y'all sometimes I have doubts (like tonight) and think "what if" her career is cursed and she never wins one. :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.