Votes: 1 0.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than 9

Votes: 15 14.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Discussion Starter #1
How many GSs do you predict the talented Gauff will win? She's already reached the 2nd week of a slam at just age 15, her game is building and coming together nicely, she is proving she has the mentality to win infront of packed out stadiums with pressure on her. It is only a matter of time before she pulls a Hingis or Sharapova and wins a big one at a young age. And from then on, it just depends on how hard she works and how willing she is to stay consistent and be the best. So how many slams do you think she'll win by the time she retires (which is hopefully, for the WTAs sake, when she's at least in her mid-30s).

·
Registered
204 Posts
How many GSs do you predict the talented Gauff will win? She's already reached the 2nd week of a slam at just age 15, her game is building and coming together nicely, she is proving she has the mentality to win infront of packed out stadiums with pressure on her. It is only a matter of time before she pulls a Hingis or Sharapova and wins a big one at a young age. And from then on, it just depends on how hard she works and how willing she is to stay consistent and be the best. So how many slams do you think she'll win by the time she retires (which is hopefully, for the WTAs sake, when she's at least in her mid-30s).
And this is where your post falls apart. Making huge assumptions like this is just way too early lmao. She could be already maxed out in terms of her talent. Maybe not and she has poor development as a player. Maybe injuries play a factor. Development isn't linear.

The point is trying to guess how many slams a 15 year old will win when they're 2 years at minimum away from even being able to attempt being a regular on tour is completely ridiculous and baseless.

A better question at this point in time is does she possess the talent to be a slam winner? Even that couldn't be given a clear answer at this stage. There just isn't enough info

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Good lord

She herself has said she wants to be the GOAT since like age 12, so by the transitive property, her goal is to win 25 slams. Minimum.

However, that is a 20 year long goal, and a kind of goal like that must be taken incramentally

For now, I only hope she keeps on improving and playing well in Washington Doubles, won 6-0 6-3 tonight, and train hard next 3 weeks, play one warm up match vs. Barty, and go play USO and we see what's going on

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Good lord

She herself has said she wants to be the GOAT since like age 12, so by the transitive property, her goal is to win 25 slams. Minimum.

However, that is a 20 year long goal, and a kind of goal like that must be taken incramentally

For now, I only hope she keeps on improving and playing well in Washington Doubles, won 6-0 6-3 tonight, and train hard next 3 weeks, play one warm up match vs. Barty, and go play USO and we see what's going on
Intelligent words words spoken here. Personally, I think Gauff talks too much. Maybe she would be better @ sales. I don’t see it in her game to win even one slam. But hard to predict human achievement. Perhaps she improves a lot, or not much @ all.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Only time will tell, folks, take it easy. For now, she is under the heavy influence of her parents and she does and says whatever she is instructed to do. Once she grows up and becomes more of her “authentic” self, her true potential will become more clear.

·
Registered
604 Posts
so because she beat a way past her best venus, and two mentally weak players in rybarikova & hercog at wimbledon we have this thread.

give her a chance to play regulary on the tour first.

everytime a young player has a good run at a slam these threads come up.

remember when genie was going to win 10+ slams etc.

gauff could end up being great, or she could end up flopping like most others.

REVISIT THIS IN 5 YEARS TIME.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
You know the girl haven't won an MM title yet, right ? Maybe we should wait and see her win some titles against some consistent top players and than draw some conclusion about what her game might bring her.
This is like the 3rd thread about the same subject, should we expect one after every time she get a MD win ?

·
Registered
445 Posts
You know the girl haven't won an MM title yet, right ? Maybe we should wait and see her win some titles against some consistent top players and than draw some conclusion about what her game might bring her.
This is like the 3rd thread about the same subject, should we expect one after every time she get a MD win ?
Even not a ITF 15k.

·
Rise up from ignorance
17,369 Posts
Probably zero :shrug:

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
You know the girl haven't won an ̶M̶M̶ ̶t̶i̶t̶l̶e̶ ITF Pro title yet, right ? Maybe we should wait and see her win some titles against some consistent top players and than draw some conclusion about what her game might bring her.
FYP.

I'm following those 2000's girls since 4 years now, for Cori it was 2016 and her U12 title at the Orange Bowl.

The Gauff -Lopatetska at the Petit As was one of my favorite matches that I watched in 2017 and I've got big expectation for both of them in the future.

I really enjoyed following their debut on the tour but that full crowed ,overhyped 1st round against Diyas where a 15 years old player is exposed as an "animal on a zoo" with this useless pressure of winning really makes me unconfortable.:help:

I understand what the press,the tournaments or the WTA do since the "Gauff product" sells and we are in a capitalist economy that works like that but anybody who is following tennis and really paid attention at this next gen who is coming knows that this hype is exagerate and too soon.:SNE:

And it 's not like we've got a young american who despite a foot injury that put her off the tour during 5 month is still u18 and already reached 2 slam 2nd week including a SF, stopped Kvitova 14 winning streak at 16,beat Halep at the french open and is ranked 23.:shrug:

·
Registered
29,795 Posts
This hype won't end well.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts