Tennis Forum banner

How many grand slam title will Caroline win?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
84,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discuss. Finally break the duck to win her maidem slam title. Will she build more momentum from now on, no longer has pressure, and to add on her slam title?
She's now 27 years old, should be able to still play further on.

·
Registered
32,145 Posts
I'd say she could win one more HC slam. As long as this slam win isn't the end of motivation for her of course. Don't know how serious she really thinks about having children for example.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I don't think her game will get much better after this win, and even with her level this AO I felt like a lot of players could have taken her out. :shrug:

Singapore last year was impressive, but the courts were just everything she had ever hoped for and more.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I think she can POTENTIALLY win another Slam, probably at the US Open.

I think you can count her out of the FO and Wimbledon.

But I do have a feeling that this cycle of random one-time champions is just going to continue: Ostapenko, Stephens, Wozniacki...

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
I don't think her game will get much better after this win, and even with her level this AO I felt like a lot of players could have taken her out. :shrug:

Singapore last year was impressive, but the courts were just everything she had ever hoped for and more.
Yes, she will always be at the mercy of an ultra-aggressive hitter with some consistency. In think she could win maybe one more hard court slam. Because of her fitness, I think she could play at a high level well into her 30s. But she's not going to suddenly start raking in the slams.. :lol:

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
But I do have a feeling that this cycle of random one-time champions is just going to continue: Ostapenko, Stephens, Wozniacki...
Wozniacki isn't a "random" slam winner unlike Ostapenko who had never won a title and Sloane who had just come back from injury. Wozniacki is a well established top player who has won many title and been no.1. So it's not random, it's kind of always be expected she'd win a slam, hence the pressure.

·
Registered
84,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think this year will be her last year. I think she will married and have a kid.
So US Open is something that possible.
I actually thought the same.:lol: especially she has a fiance now.

Reminds me of Kim Clijsters, been to #1 without a slam, finally won one, then retired to have kids. Who knows, Caroline could also come back then to win few more?:lol:

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
I think she'll get another one, maybe two, maybe even three.

She's not likely to win one on a surface other than hardcourts, but she's going to be among the 3 or 4 favorites at just about any hardcourt major she plays for the next several years.

I don't see her lasting deep into her 30s (legs will give out a la Jankovic) but she's got another 3-4-5 years.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Wozniacki isn't a "random" slam winner unlike Ostapenko who had never won a title and Sloane who had just come back from injury. Wozniacki is a well established top player who has won many title and been no.1. So it's not random, it's kind of always be expected she'd win a slam, hence the pressure.
It wasn't "expected" that she'd win a Slam. In fact, I would say that until the end of last year it's been expected that she WOULDN'T win a Slam.

·
Registered
622 Posts
she's is never going to win RG and WC no matter how cake the draw is

so AO & USO are her only chances

this AO win has a lot factors worked in her favour and she almost blew it by being excessively passive in the last two sets

i just don't think she will ever get this "lucky"

i miss the 2014 YEC Caro who almost outplayed Rena, it's definitely the peak of her game

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
It wasn't "expected" that she'd win a Slam. In fact, I would say that until the end of last year it's been expected that she WOULDN'T win a Slam.
I am saying based on her results, winning 27 WTA title, it is not unexpected for her to win a slam. It's not random, like it is for someone who has never won a title to suddenly win a slam.

·
Registered
15,778 Posts
What do you mean how many? Didn't her fans insist she will likely retire at the end of the year if she wins?.

Are you confirming all that was as bullshit as that MTO and we're stuck with Woz on the tour till she turns 35/40?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts