Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG! Lol of have any of you seen the Wismilak Draw....:haha:

Rubin is like going to win this whole tournament without dropping a game. Her Quater-Final match-up could be against Yoong-Cheong Cho and then in the Semi's Dokic who she has beaten consistenly that past while and then in the final she could face Dementieva. But Rubin is a good returner and she'll eat up Dementieva's serve.

What a joke!!!!!

:haha:

GO RUBIN!

·
Registered
527 Posts
I think that Dementieva could give her somewhat of a challenge. Remember, Chanda lost to Maria Vento-Kabchi--she doesn't have a whole lot of confidence under her belt at the moment.

:bolt:

·
Moderator - Juniors
12,961 Posts
the draw is not without a few tough matches along the way - Sanchez Lorenzo gave her a run for her money in Madrid this year, if Barbara Schett were to string together a few wins and meet up with her, she has beaten Chanda before aswell. Then on the bottom half Dementieva is playing pretty well right now, and even Conchita on a good day has shown that she is capable of beating any of the seeds still too.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
safina is also a tough player to look out for. if chanda in't playing her best then safina might just get by her. dementieva is also very tough and i would put her as the favourite.

·
Banned
6,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you kidding me? Sanchez Lorenzo beat Rubin?!?!?

THATS ON CLAY BUDDY!

Thats Rubin's worst surface....

You'll see Rubin will win Wismilak 2003 :D

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
At first glance it seems like chanda will win this whole event however she did just flame out first round of the us open ruining her best chance in years to go deep. so who knows?

·
Registered
19,459 Posts
Chanda is a streaky player. It all depends on which Chanda shows up at the Wismilak. She could blaze through the field including Dementieva or she could lose her first round to a virtual unknown. When Chanda is on though she is a top 5 quality player.

·
Moderator - Juniors
12,961 Posts
alextreiber, if Vento-Kabchi is capable of beating Chanda, then I think that shows that there are many players in this field who have the possibility of giving Chanda a tough match if she is not playing well. Vento's game is just a steady baseliner...Much like several of the girls in the Bali field.

I would love to see Chanda win this title, and if she plays her best tennis then she is definitely the favourite but as it was mentioned, you can never be too sure which game Chanda will bring to the courts so don't count the chickens until they hatch.

·
Sabatini lover Forever
14,605 Posts
alextreiber03 said:
OMG! Lol of have any of you seen the Wismilak Draw....:haha:

Rubin is like going to win this whole tournament without dropping a game. Her Quater-Final match-up could be against Yoong-Cheong Cho and then in the Semi's Dokic who she has beaten consistenly that past while and then in the final she could face Dementieva. But Rubin is a good returner and she'll eat up Dementieva's serve.

What a joke!!!!!

GO RUBIN!
last time i checked Chanda lost to someone named Vento-Kabchi in straight sets not too long ago and she is in this draw.
Chanda is a good player but she certainly on a bad day she can lose to anyone. There are many names who can challenge her this week. Anyway time will just tell.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.