Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading about Monica's injury woes is in many ways depressing. So the question is, if foot stress fractures are bringing her down, what would it take exactly for her foot to completly heal?

Monica says she does not have the luxury of taking five or six months off, but if that's what it would take for her to heal and then try to train for say the 2004 season, isn't this better than her playing in tournaments injured?

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I agree but on the other hand there is not player in tennis history who missed so many tournaments for various reasons, maybe that plays a part in her motivation to continuing too

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
monica says it takes 5 or 6 months to heal completely

·
Registered
10,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
irma said:
I agree but on the other hand there is not player in tennis history who missed so many tournaments for various reasons, maybe that plays a part in her motivation to continuing too
MMMM that's is not so Irma, you forgot Venus was gone for months from fall of 99 to May of 2000 when she was overcoming injuries.

Probably the smartest thing Venus ever did because despite struggling on clay, she went on that tear of victories after winning Wimbledon.

Then again Venus was young enough to let her body heal and fully recover.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I mean monica missed so many tournaments over her whole career already!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts