Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can see her cracking the top 40 for sure. It may depend how much good fortune she has with Grand Slam draws where big points can be rabidly picked up.

·
Premium Member
11,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so you went from Ana I to Ana K just like that? :lol:
You know people don't just like one player in Tennis. Ana Konjuh is up and coming and I'm excited about her. What's wrong with that? I still like Ivanovic and many other players. Though you do seem very harsh on Ana K in your comments all of the time in the live thread, ignoring she reported with illness days ago when she won the first round and calling her an excuse maker when she isn't.

·
Registered
11,631 Posts
as for my harshness on Ana, given how everyone here seems to hold her as a future GOAT i don't think i am harsh at all..
Who says she is the future GOAT? After her elbow surgery, no one knew what to expect. Many of us were worried it was career-threatening, and thankfully, it is not. That also stunted her development as a player compared to someone like Bencic. I have already mentioned that players with offensive games like Ana's need more time to develop (e.g. Kvitova or even Federer).

If you ask me, people here are quite realistic and you are indeed harsh on Ana. She was bed-ridden all day, and of course that affects match preparation and her energy level during the match, but you don't want to acknowledge that. Not to mention that she just turned 17 and has plenty of time to work on the weaknesses that you keep repeating.

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
I would say that Croatian Bebica will reach few QF/SF in a few Internationals she is going to enter, I expect one 4R at Grand Slam (with a good draw), and maybe some other QF in a bigger event than MM. Rank - something around top40. So about seven times higher than Donna after KL :wavey:

·
Registered
557 Posts
As many mentioned already it will depend a lot of the draw luck (like Bencic had in USOPEN with jankovic and kerber in lousy form or reaching wta final without winning anybody from top100), as Ana is not allowed to play more than 18 tournaments, she can´t play one more tournament if she fails in round one in some. I predect top60 season ending and see top40 possible with much draw luck.

·
Registered
11,631 Posts
Is top 32 a realistic goal? I'm not sure if Ana or her team has set any goals for her, but as long as stays healthy and plays the maximum number of tournaments she is allowed, I think she can reach there by year-end. :)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Is top 32 a realistic goal? I'm not sure if Ana or her team has set any goals for her, but as long as stays healthy and plays the maximum number of tournaments she is allowed, I think she can reach there by year-end. :)
Agree! 12 months are a long period and with some good runs it should definitely be manageable :)
Bencic did it from 200 to Top 32 in one year so why not Anci from 90 to Top 32 :angel: she'll do it!

·
Premium Member
11,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is imo. It certainly isn't a sure thing, more an aspirational goal.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Her Team has set as Goal for 2015 to reach the top50. Ana told an in interview that she does not think that this should be a Problem to acheive! ;-)))

1 - 13 of 13 Posts