Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Realize clay is not her best surface, but I believe she is still a contender at the FO. How will marriage effect her game? And did she change her name to Davenport-Leach? ;)

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think she's in Serena's half of the draw :eek:

·
Banned
303 Posts
iLuVenuSerena said:
actually she's in kims half...probably quarters...
Lindsay can come out and beat everyone in her quarter easily as long as she is reasonably prepared and healthy. However, she is most vulnerable on clay. I think Tulyaganova, Dechy and Dokic all smell a big win, but none of them have ever beaten her. I still said that Tulyaganova would provide the upset.

Maybe Conchita Martinez and provide some old French Open magic and win in a R16 matchup!

LINDSAY WILL NOT PASS THE QUARTERFINALS THOUGH

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Lindsay should easily get tot he QF (assuming she'll play as she did in Amelia Island!). She will face then Kim Clijsters. She has what it takes to beat her too (assuming again she 'll play as she did in the early rounds of Amelia Island).

So my answer is: QF maybe SF ... but whoever reaches the SF will be defeated by Venus :)

·
Premium Member
20,740 Posts
It's hard to say, but I hope she does well. I think Lindsay is underated on clay. Yes it's not her best surface, but it's not like she can't play on it.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
i think Lindsay has a good chance reaching the quarters for sure.... and if she does beat kim in QF, and faces cappy in the SF, she definitely has a chance to reach the final for sure....

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
I think at the most she could make the SF. I know Clijsters has beaten her the last few times they have played, but if Lindsay comes out hitting the ball well, and keeps it up then she could send Clijsters packing. Clijsters won't get the UFE's from Davenport like she can sometimes from the WS. Davenport was very good on green clay this year also. I think Venus will be in the semis so that will be the end of Davenport's run.

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
i am not really a lindsay fan but i get a funny feeling that she is going to take the title. don't know why, but i just think she will either win, or lose to schnyder after beating all the good players. yes i know that saying that makes it look like i am joking, but i do think lindsay will go far.

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
lose to schnyder??? lol are u kidding.... it's not like schynder will go to as far as the final :p

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
i'll be happy with QF's but you never know with Lindsay...she might aswell take it all.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
i think one of the biggest dangers in her draw is tulyaganova especially since it is on clay. i think this will be a very tight match which is a potential 2nd round match. if lindsay gets past iroda then i think she can get to the quarters.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I think she can reach the Semi's if she plays her best but we have nt really seen her play too much on clay so ?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
you guys are delusionals
She'll be lucky to pass the 2nd round.

trust me.

·
♥ All-American Reject
19,132 Posts
Hopefully, semifinals, I think if the seeds holds up and Kim's her opponent, in order to beat her, Lindsay will have to keep the points very short and go for a lot on every shot.

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Depends on how much of her heart is in it. She's been injured as well recently.

If she's in the right frame of mind, she could go to the semis at least.

She's under practically no pressure though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts