Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have all hardly heard any news about Venus or her injury and coming into RG, although she has the potential to be the champion, many are doubting if she will make it very far.

Venus' run I feel will end in either 4th round (if she faces Elena D) or in the QF vs Jen.

I'm not hating, I feel that her lack of match play, as well as her injury status are going to be big factors.

Clay requires patience and stamina which I feel Venus is gona be lacking at crunch time. NOTE: I did not say she was unfit, etc.

Afta Jen and Elena, I would love for Venus to win RG! :)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
8,263 Posts
venus will be in QF at least if she is not injured, and given that her reputation of playing into her form, I wouldn't be surprised if she go further, I don't think people are truly aware of her threat yet.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Venus will win!

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I think that Venus will make it to at least the final. It has definitely helped that the spotlight has been off her. She likes quietly making her way through the draw. That's what happened last year. And I think that it'll happen again this year. I see her getting to the finals. Whether she'll win or not...depends a lot on her. I hope she'll be playing to the best of her capabilities!! :)

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Venus reached the final last year, playing only two clay tournaments and being injured just before Paris.

Venus' lack of play has nothing to do with how she will play. She's the type of player who can go into a tournament without practicing for weeks and still win it. She's that good.

Win Roland Garros, Venus!! :bounce:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
The trophee is hers this year :)

·
Premium Member
19,754 Posts
VeNuS FoReVeR said:
Venus reached the final last year, playing only two clay tournaments and being injured just before Paris.

Venus' lack of play has nothing to do with how she will play. She's the type of player who can go into a tournament without practicing for weeks and still win it. She's that good.

Win Roland Garros, Venus!! :bounce:
I think this was the case before, but now the competition is getting better and I think her and Serena needs more match preparation.

My hope is that Venus can get far and even win it, but with the injury I'm uncertain of what will happen. All her fans just need to stick with her and hope she gets out of the mini slump. She is a champion so I know she will get the passion back and come back and become ruthless again.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Venus enters quite a few tournaments with very little practice/tournament play and still does well. She's just a good athlete.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
i will say once again that people said the same thing going into the australian open this year that she would lose early because of "lack of preparation"...i guess finalling is as early as it gets...

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Venus will be in the final. Why do you think Dementieva will have a chance? Let alone Dementieva even getting that far?

·
Premium Member
20,732 Posts
Well I can see why people would have doubts. Her injury seemed rather painful.

But Venus is a true champion, she has shown if she wants to win she can win. The key will be which Venus plays RG this year.

The one who wants to win tha major, or the one who's really bored with tennis :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts