Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
everyone talks about henin and mauresmo's backhandeds being so good that's because they are but what do you think of daniilidou's? she is the next highest ranked player to have one after henin and mauresmo. is it overrated? is it underrated? do you think it is good or bad? do you think it is the 3rd best one-handed backhand if not who's is?

·
Registered
14,810 Posts
i think she's got a great slice
slow, fast and biting

normal backhand's ok i think
but can do with more work cause it is a little inconsistent

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
I actually think Danilidou's slice is the BEST in women's tennis. It stays lower and bites to a greater impact than Henin's or the floaty, soft slice of Mauresmo.

She doesn't use her topspin backhand quite as often, but from what I've seen it's well executed when she does.

I'm not sure where it stands in comparison to Henin or Mauresmo, but it's still a great shot.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
her strokes remind me of Philipoussis, tremendous forehand and o.k bh. Her b.h is not in the same league has Henin or Momo.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i guess not many people like daniilidou's strokes (so little replies).

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
Possibly not many people have seen it.

It's a good stroke, a bit hit-and-miss at the moment but consistency will come. I don't think she qute knows when to use the slice and when to use the topspin yet... often she'll be defensive when she could be aggressive. When she's fully stretched, her slice isn't as impressive, but it definitely stays lower than JHH's or Amelie's; it was very effective on the grass last year, and she'll have much more of an impact there than on clay. Her topspin backhand isn't in the same league as either JHH or Amelie.

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
haven't seen too many of Eleni's matches but i like the looks of her slice backhand when she played Jennifer at Wimbledon last year.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
I've only seen her match at the AO 4th round this year with Serena, and her 4th found at Wimbledon against Jennifer a couple years ago.

Amazing slice, best in the women's game...worked great for her in her win at the Wimbledon tune-up last year. :bounce:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts