Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Girls on here have you beaten many guys before? How do you find playing them? and to the guys on here have u played many girls and have u 'shamefully' lost? ;) ive only played about a dozen or so sets in my life vs girls and once was taken to a tie-break years ago, and a few days ago i lost 5-7! :eek: :sad: i always led the whole match 3-1, then 4-2, then 5-4 and never thought id lose :(. I guess the loss isnt as bad as i make it out as she is a coach and hits so hard for a girl

its toughto play them cos ur always thinking in the back of your head that you should win (unless ur new to tennis). This affected me. I was poking my second serve over in fear of serving a df :eek: which is strange cos in comp recently i was commended for hitting both serves equally hard . Then when serving for it at 5-4 i served 3 d.f and couldnt recover from that.

Other than the serve there was not much i was happy with. The balls we used were so damn old/heavy that they allowed her to step in cos the topspin(i like to put alot) wasnt pushing her back enough. :(

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i had no intensity in the whole match, but the opp with her..she was so hungry to win and i heard so many 'cmons'

any other guys gonna admit it ;)! so im not the only guy ridiculed

·
Registered
15,764 Posts
I only play with friends & relatives and I've only played 2 ladyfriends of mine yet :)

Results:
Bram bt. Valerie 6-1 6-0
Bram bt. Ulrike 6-0 6-2
Bram bt. Ulrike 6-0 6-2

The thing is, these girls suck pretty much. ;)
I might play a ladyfriend of mine soon, who used to have a ranking in Belgium (C-15 or so), used to train 3/4 times per week and play lots of interclub-matches. I wonder how I'll do against her! :eek:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
one time I've witnessed a lady who's only about 5'2" and making his opponent (who's a guy about 5'11") run all over the court. Believe me that guy couldn't look straight at me in the eye.:tape:

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Come to think of it, I've never played against a girl except in mixed doubles. But even if I were to play a girl in singles, I doubt I'd lose to her. Most guys have a tough time playing me, I doubt a girl would have any easier a time (unless she looks and plays like Goran :eek: ).

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
I only lost once to a girl who just had won her first tournament in her first appearence in a tournament! She's 13 and she hits like jelena! I'm sure she can become a good player, not a pro off course, but why not competiting at a high level in Belgium!

·
Banned
3,887 Posts
I have won against a male before and I still remember the score and date.

5 Janurary 2003
2-6 6-1 7-6 (8-6)
2:30 pm ---->5:30 pm (We didn't have any ball boys, and only 3 balls)
surprisingly I hadn't played tennis for around 3 years, when I used to play interclub, and he had never played a serious game with anyone in his life before.

We have another game which we havn't finished, I told him I will give him a rain check, still the rain check has been about 3 months now. He was winning 5-4 in the First Set, and on his serve. Good Baseline Game, Terrible, Terrible at coming to the net, and volleyes usually go over the fence or way out of court.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
I played practice matches against girls at junior tournaments when I was playing in juniors and practice against female club members now occasionally and have to say I've never lost a set to a female player that I've played. The toughest practice set against a woman I would have had was against Kelly Liggan but she might win a set off me these days as she's improved a lot obviously.

·
Registered
24,533 Posts
i've never lost to a girl before, but i nkow there are plenty of girls who could beat me...my sister had an incredible record all through high school (never won states but made the final once and SF twice) and i only made it to state competition twice (rd16 and QF) and she was older by two years and i always beat her handily (twice 0,0 and once 0,1 when she was at her best). i just knew how to beat her, i guess.

·
Registered
527 Posts
As part of our practice (HS Varsity tennis) the #1 seed for boys plays the #1 seed for girls, and so on. Last year when I was #2 seed, I beat my female counterpart 7-5. It wasn't a cakewalk, that's for sure. We had at least 10 games go to deuce.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
I have to say that i have lost a few matches ( just sets) to a girl, in fact we only played and completed one 3 set match and i lost 2-6 6-2 7-6 (8-6), i was so pissed off i led 3-1 in the third and had match point at 6-5 in the tiebreak :fiery: . The girl that i play against reminds me of hingis, she just never misses puts the ball back in court lets me do it instead :rolleyes: . I can hit winner's that she cant touch but when it comes to rallies her consistency and my lack of patience ends up beating me. Like some of yu have said as a guy yu always have that thing in the back of your head saying yu should win cos yu are bigger and stronger and therefore "supposed" to win. I dont wanna cast myself as a woman but as a comparison it's like venus (me) ;) playing Hingis(venus 6,2 and martina 5,6, totally different shapes), they both do there own thing very well (venus whacks the ball and martina drives the oppostion insane by never missing), its who does it best on the day. I have beaten this girl loads of times b4, but the fact that she has beaten me stings a little, lol :eek: . I, like SM also just ended up throwing my serve in at a really slow speed cos i didnt want to DF even though her returns were not that good, i just didnt want to help her anymore. I would say at my best when errors are down and i am going for my shots i would win :devil: , but she might have something to say about that :angel:

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I would say at my best when errors are down and i am going for my shots i would win
i normally would comprehensivley beat her and did in the past. :(

playing a girld does feel a little awkward...she hit hard for a girl but i normally play against much more power, so id say her main forte was consistency in strokes so u have to be aggressive!

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i might add i saw her play one of the best players in the local mens comp and she went up 5-0, before he started junkballing her but she still won 6-4 :eek:

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Its knowing how much i should go for it when i play. sometimes for some reason i feel guilty hitting the ball hard off a return and seeing her racket flung all over the place trying to control the pace (and some times when i hit winner or hard shots i question whether i should be trying so hard to win :confused: , as if its somehow wrong that i want to beat her :eek: :confused: . I also never hit the ball at her when she comes to the net i always try to pass her, sometimes it causes me to make mistakes but if it hit her i would feel awful :eek: :help:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.