Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On June 7th, Justine Henin-Hardenne rewrote French history. First, by beating some of the toughest players in tennis, then by winning the French Open and truly becoming one of the biggest names in tennis. To understand the real magnitude of this moment, you have to back to 1993 when she sat in the stands at Roland Garros and watched her idol go down in defeat. Already a young force in the game, she vowed to her mother that day that, if she ever made it here, she'd win. With a game that favors finesse over power and a single-handed backhand over a two-handed one, we say, Congratulations, Justine, not only for winning, but more importantly, for keeping your word.

Rolex.

---------------------

On the inside cover of the new tennis magazine (with Serena on the cover again), there's a FULL 2 page ad for Rolex. On the left it's a gorgeous shot of J2H hitting a backhand, and on the right is what I transcribed above. The headline is: How did you not see it coming?
Below the story is a photo of a Rolex. I would scan it, but my scanner is on the blink right now. If somone else has it and wants too, that's great, else I'll do it tomorrow.

·
Banned
69 Posts
oh henin sux! just coz she can hit her backhand wid power and its 1-handed means shit all! just coz shite all ppl play wid 1 handed bakhands these days doesnt mean they r ne more better than double-handed bakhands...

and every1 no's that she cheated in her SF minal at da french open and yes, for sure, that point DID change the match around u idiot!

so congrats henin! :fiery:

·
Registered
28,582 Posts
curtain said:
oh henin sux! just coz she can hit her backhand wid power and its 1-handed means shit all! just coz shite all ppl play wid 1 handed bakhands these days doesnt mean they r ne more better than double-handed bakhands...

and every1 no's that she cheated in her SF minal at da french open and yes, for sure, that point DID change the match around u idiot!

so congrats henin! :fiery:
Lame.

I'm only sorry that you didn't add one of those great "she can only play on clay" comments :D

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wish they were better quality. I was quite struck when I opened it up and saw J2H on a 2 page ad! :)

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
GBFH said:
hey, did you see this pic on espn.com? holy crap it startled me :eek:

Wow, you would think they could update the pics every once in a while.. OH WAIT, its ESPN, right, right :rolleyes:

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
that match really sucked didn't it

not only my fav blewed but it also motivated a little girl to blew my now fav from the court 11 years later

shoot

;)

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
GBFH said:
hey, did you see this pic on espn.com? holy crap it startled me :eek:

She has Pattys Eyes :hearts:

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

It seems Justine is inside one of those magician boxes which turn your head around 180°. :lol:

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Her facial expression actually reminds me of those clowns you get at Carnivals and you put Balls down their Mouth to win prizes :D

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
12,324 Posts
yay justine!! :bounce:

·
Registered
15,448 Posts
how come curtain isnt banned yet?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts