Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol, my excuse is pretty lame, but anyway. i saw her name on eurosport a few times and i thought she had a sexy sounding name so i tuned in to one of ehr matches, and since then i have been obsessed. my friends always tell me to shut up about her, and my school diary is graffitied with 'i love myskina' all over it, haha :)

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
When she beat Justine in Leipzig´03 and I thought "wow, her game is awesome and it´s funny to watch her destroying both her raquet, herself and her coach at the same time"....now what a surprise my reason is!

Ever since that I followed every single match of her, at the beginning my mum just called her "the mad girl who always smacks her raquet to the ground"

:lol:

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
I became a Nasty fan sometime in 03, don't remember exactly when, but she had a major tantrum.

I almost stopped being a Nasty fan after RG '04. But she's to quirky to not like.

Besides, if Lena D. can take her out for sherbert afterwards, I can forgive Nasty for pummeling Lena D.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Last year in Italy, when we went skiing, and one day I stayed in the apartment and played Monopoly with my friends, and Eurosport was turned on, and I saw her :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

and YEEESSSSS she has wonderful sounding name :kiss: agree with that :kiss:

·
Registered
23,441 Posts
Not really sure how I became a fan of hers. I started following tennis very closely at the 04 AO and FOs. I saw her play numerous times at both of those slams but didn't become a fan of hers. Then during that summer she became my favorite player. No real reason that I know of. I did root for her during all the matches I saw her play at AO and FO. To think I probably saw her on TV more at those two tournaments then I have since. I saw her match against Sharapova, Rubin, and Clijsters at the Aussie and her final 3 matches at the FO.

I do like the last name a lot as well and honestly that may have been a part of it. I often times like NFL and NBA players because of their names so maybe that was the real reason she became my favorite player.

·
Registered
6,470 Posts
hadn't really watched much tennis since the early '90s until 2 years ago when I saw Elena Demetieva on tv at the Rogers Cup and thought "Wow, she's beautiful, but what a horrible serve." That got me watching more tennis and sometime after saw Nastya playing a match. After winning a point she turned to her coach, pointed at him and says something that seemed like "Fuck you!!"
And I have since fallen in love I think.

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
Number19 said:
hadn't really watched much tennis since the early '90s until 2 years ago when I saw Elena Demetieva on tv at the Rogers Cup and thought "Wow, she's beautiful, but what a horrible serve." That got me watching more tennis and sometime after saw Nastya playing a match. After winning a point she turned to her coach, pointed at him and says something that seemed like "Fuck you!!"
:lol:

cool

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
Number19 said:
Traitor. Should have stuck with the divine Miss D.
:p

·
Registered
461 Posts
I became a fan of hers during her 2003 Leipzig final against Justine. I wasn't really a tennis fan before that, just watched some television on sunday afternoons (when my parents are away and I'm supposed to study hard :lol: ) when I saw her for the first time. And I was just thinking: OMG, I'm rooting for the wrong person (you're supposed to cheer for your compatriots :eek: ). Don't know why I was rooting for her, it just happened I suppose.

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
sinterklaasje said:
I became a fan of hers during her 2003 Leipzig final against Justine. I wasn't really a tennis fan before that, just watched some television on sunday afternoons (when my parents are away and I'm supposed to study hard :lol: ) when I saw her for the first time. And I was just thinking: OMG, I'm rooting for the wrong person (you're supposed to cheer for your compatriots :eek: ). Don't know why I was rooting for her, it just happened I suppose.
High-Five! :clap2:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I don't really remember.
but i think that it was her name that got my attention first. i
don't remember if i saw her name on tv or in the internet
when i was looking for tennis results in the olympics.

·
Registered
18 Posts
this is my 1st post here..well..2003 qatar open..1st time as a ball kid..me and my friends were talking about her(but i dont know her yet)..they said she was nice..when she came in to the court with safina (for doubles)..we were starstrucked..that was the start..then 2004 qatar open..she was playing doubles with myskina..a ball boy..accidentally slipped and started to cry(he was about 9)..i told him to go out of the court (i was the captain of the next team..and we were about to rotate)..myskina followed outside and talked to him...and kissed him...me and my team just stared at her because we didnt expect her to be that nice...few days later...we gave her a pendant..

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
after hingis retired i decided i needed a new favorite player. for like a year i didnt find anyone i liked the same. at aussie open 04 i thought hmm maybe myskina, but didnt decide for sure. sometime between french open and olympics my obsession started.

·
Registered
10,846 Posts
jharen17 said:
this is my 1st post here..well..2003 qatar open..1st time as a ball kid..me and my friends were talking about her(but i dont know her yet)..they said she was nice..when she came in to the court with safina (for doubles)..we were starstrucked..that was the start..then 2004 qatar open..she was playing doubles with myskina..a ball boy..accidentally slipped and started to cry(he was about 9)..i told him to go out of the court (i was the captain of the next team..and we were about to rotate)..myskina followed outside and talked to him...and kissed him...me and my team just stared at her because we didnt expect her to be that nice...few days later...we gave her a pendant..
Awwww...thx for your story and welcome to the board! That´s lovely!
Since you´ve worked as a ballboy...is it only me or is she actually one of the few players who try to make work as easy as possible for the ballkids? She never choses a special ball and she always tries to hit balls/serves which are wide etc. directly to the ballkid at the net. Oh and she´s one of the few who don´t want another ball even though she didn´t get the first serve in with it. ;)

I don´t know who saw her 2004 Indian Wells match against Vento-Kabchi I think it was. A ballboy/or girl (?) collapsed in the desert heat and Nastya was the first one trying to calm the kid down. Vento-Kabchi took the opportunity to sit down and take a break instead :lol:

Seriously, how can anyone not like her?!? As long as your name´s not Yuri S. she treats you with respect no matter who you are.

·
Team WTAworld
15,941 Posts
I really don't really know when I first started liking Anastasia. I seriously can't remember at all. But I started to SERIOUSLY enjoy watching her play during AO 2004. And then the Athens Semifinal was such a heartbreaker :( It was pulling at my heart from side to side on who I wanted to win. I'm happy that Justine won, but the way Anastasia lost was quite depressing and I wanted to cry for her :sad:

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
The first match I saw was US OPEN 1st round 2001 against Momo. But I really became a fan in 2002 after her Eastbourne QF against Kremer. Thanks to eurosport!

·
Registered
403 Posts
I am not sure why I began liking her. But I guess it was just a process. After Hingis retired I needed someone to root for. I just love Nastya to pieces (who doesn't?) but I just love her fighting spirit I mean she never quits. I love her attitude and looks. Just basically everything about her. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
when myskina is playing...the ballboys(behind the baseline) do not have to move very much because she would do the work for them..=)..yeah..it is always fun to serve her because of the way she treats the ballkids...she takes any ball and says thank you all the time..we would watch her match in the locker room since we are not allowed to cheer for any player..jens is also nice..a friend of mine was able to talk to him...

1 - 20 of 145 Posts