Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Banned
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it because of her looks? her personality? her game? her race? her body? because she signed you an autograph?

I became a fan of my favorite when I was a ball person for our local tourny and after the match where I was serving her balls, she gave me her broken raquet.

Reactions: beauty_is_pink

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
That was really nice of her to give you something that she was fit for the garbage. I guess I would be er, honored.

I liked Jen when I was watching her making of a champion on HBO. She was my age and I guess I kind of related to her in some sort of way. It got me into tennis and I started playing. I always wanted her to win and as the years went on, I rooted for her more passionately. As any Jen fan knows, 2001 was such a magical year for her fans.

·
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
20,453 Posts
:worship: Martina Hingis :worship: Wimbledon 1999 saw an intreview with Martina and i was jus :eek: then i saw her play and ask my dad: 'who is she?! shes so amazing!' my dad said: 'thats Martina Hingis...' - took me a while to get her last name right... but i was still :eek: by her...

Daniela Hantuchova - she beat Martina at Indian Wells 2002 :rolleyes: :lol: but i saw Daniela play against JenCap at the 2001 Rogers Cup and all i thought was - 'holy shit those are a long pair of legs!' :lol: but i was also impressed at her game tho i was a bit 'annoyed' when she took Jen to a 3-sets when i thought the match was over because i wanted Jen's autograph! lol

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Martina -- saw her on television. Loved her smile, her spark, her spirit, the way she moved on the court, the shots that came out of nowhere.

Daniela -- first saw her playing in qualies in early 2001. First I really liked her haircut because it wasn't a cookie cutter ponytail. Then I loved the depth of her shots and the way she went for the lines and her forehand.

Guga -- saw him on television at RG and fell in love with his backhand and his curls... and the way he won five setter after five setter...

Coria -- Saw him playing on clay in Houston. Just liked the way he looked and his game even though he lost.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Alicia: Alway follow all the Aussie chicks, but her personality made her my fave.

Lleyton: He was more interesting than Pat.

Jame Blake: The hair.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Became a Fan of Patty of watching her practice in Zurich when she was in her teen years, used to watch her endlessly on the courts after-school.

Became a fan of Emmanuelle because of her hard work and determination to achieve on the tour, even though her family is vastly wealthy, she was independent, which is very proud of her, not to mention she has a georgous game and eyes.

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
Kim : because i like her game

·
Registered
24,486 Posts
Martina: Saw her in the 2000 AO, her games and smiles attracted me so much:hearts:

Kim: She played Martina in the filderstadt final in 2000 thats how i got to know of her then she beat Anna and took the title in the next tournament and I found this girl really talented.:)

Lleyton: love his girlfriend and his games:kiss:

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
STEFFI GRAF

Loved the way she carried herself on the court, you couldn't really tell if she was winning or losing. Also loved to watch her footwork (best ever), and of course DA FOREHAND! Loved to watch her leap and hit that shot for winners and turn her back before her opponent had fully recovered from attempting to get it back.

VENUS WILLIAMS

Love the way she carries herself on the court. Steely determination, a true fighter, and of course DA BACKHAND! She solidified my admiration for her durin her quarter-final loss(loose) to Graf Wimbledon 99.

Ivan Lendl -Because he was a machine, not the purest talent, but worked to become a champ, and of course DA FOREHAND.

MARTINA NAVRATILOVA...Talent,determination, and the body of adonis(opps). Met her once in 84, she inspired me to buy my first tennis racquet(parents always bought my others) in 87 I paid $107 to purchase the same model Yonex. We're both lefties, my dubs partner says I walk like her oncourt...LOL

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
I was watching the AO 2002 doubles finals and I saw this little(compared to the others) woman lob a ball behind her opponents which left them dumbfounded. That was basically the beginning of the end for me in regards to falling for Arantxa. :angel:

Luckily the station was running a 'History Of The Australian Open' the same week so I saw more(???) of Arantxa. Loved her fighting spirit and the fact that a woman of her size could be/was a champion.

That's for Arantxa.

For Andy Roddick though, I had been following the hype around him for a few months and luckily enough, I was able to watch the finals of the tournament on clay in Houston last year. Impressed with how Andy beat Pete Sampras. I've been a fan since. :angel:

·
Banned
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
By the way the player I was talking about in the first post is none other than Serena J Williams. She's been my hottest favorite since then. She gave that broken racquet exclusively to me as according to Serena, I worked hardest and ran most and thus did the best job of all the ball persons. She picked me saying "way to go, boy!!"
What a sweet girl she is!!!

Reactions: Bella

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
All the Swiss girls. My name is Alex Switzer and i am a member of the Swiss Royal Family (lol). Every person, from any canton is always in my heart.

Patty: Liked her name when she was young, then saw her beat then world no.3 Coetzer at the F0 11-9 or something in the third and also take a set off champ ASV in the quarters.

Chanda: again the name. Defining moment was her quarter-final against ASV in the 96 Aus Open which she won 16-14 or something in the third after fighting back.

·
Premium Member
20,681 Posts
Hingis: Watching Aus Open 99 and I just loved her game as she was untouchable and that SMILE!! Never forgot her after that tournament and I started to play and watch tennis then!

Bovina: Was a fan of hers last year just b4 the US OPEN, then she came to sydney this year and I got to meet her, have lunch with her and get pics taken. She was just so nice. Also im very attracted to her, so that helps alot but deep down shes going to be 1 of my top 3 faves for just letting me meet her and have lunch with the beauty that she is.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
It was actually her computer game, I had always thought she was fit, but as I like played as her on the computer game I kinda grew an affection towsrds her. sad huh?

·
Registered
46,727 Posts
Alicia: saw her at the hopman cup and was :hearts: :kiss:

Scud: hes stuggled through alot :sad: and he made a ocme back at wimbledon proving he is as good as number 8 in the world

·
Registered
504 Posts
Jen cos i just like the way she plays. And i like the way she never gives in.

·
Banned
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Venus: Because she's my beloved Serena's big sis.

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
I saw Justine playing in the Fed Cup meeting against Holland when she was 16. She showed some great tennis and fought her true the match :)

she's still geting better every year so I 'm a happy fan :D

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Jen--- she was so adorable when she burst on to the scene and I loved the way she played. Grew fanatical about her play as she staged her comeback in 2001 and have been a die hard fan all along... Her story truly inspires me and I love that she NEVER just gives in during a match--- she fights to the end

AGASSI--- another great comeback story!!! And the way he plays is INCREDIBLE!!! And the way he keeps going and improving is amazing and inspirational.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Martina N - Martina was the first player I saw play, (on TV), I don't remember which year, but it was a wimbledon final at some point in the early 1980's. I was so impressed by her game that I instantly became a fan and have been ever since.

Arantxa - Liked her game and the way she never gave up.

Magui - In 1998 for my Spanish A-Level oral exam I spoke about Spanish tennis; a Spanish friend gave me loads of info. for this and basically had me telling the examiner that Magui Serna was the next great hope for Spanish tennis. I did remember having seen her play a close match against Graf, I think it was the year before, but I didn't really know that much about her, still I did the exam and predicted great things for her. A few weeks later she beat Mary Pierce at RG, then I went and watched her play live at Wimbledon, (she lost to Davenport). I decided I liked her game and she seemed a nice person. Then in 2000 I went to RG, Eastbourne and Wimbledon with a large group of people. We went to loads of Magui's matches and spoke to her a bit, then came her 2nd round match against Mary Pierce at Wimbledon - we went mad cheering for her, (so crazy that we were commented on by the BBC commentators! ;) ) and Magui Mania was born!! She has a really nice game to watch, when she's playing well, and a really nice personality.

Patricia Tarabini - At RG 2000 we went to lots of Conchita's practices and matches as most of our group are massive Conchita fans. In 2000 one of Patricia friends had come to watch the tournament, 'cos Patricia and Conchita were, of course, busy working a lot of the time, her friend came over and started speaking to us. We made friends and spent a lot of time together in the players lounge, (Arantxa had given my friend and I tickets some days which gave us access there). There we met Patricia and she was just so nice to us and has been ever since. She is such a cool person and she always has so much fun on the court, even though she loses more often that wins, we all became fans - now we will even miss singles matches to go and watch Patricia's doubels and mixed :D

Vivi Ruano - Again, the first time I really noticed her was at RG 2000. One rainy day we were standing under a covered tunnel talking and Vivi walked past. Gallofa wanted to speak to her so called out, "Virginia". She smiled, came straight over to us and started chatting away, (for ages!). We have been to lots of her singles and doubles matches since then and I have become a fan because she seems to be such a nice person and always smiles, laughs and has fun on the court.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts