Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is world cruelty, really. Barty worked her ass off to become world no 1, won a Slam, and is one year younger than Kyrgios. Moreover Kyrgios is a jerk, lazy ass stray. KYRGIOS DIDN'T EVEN F*** REACH A SEMI!

Zverev the same, plus so far couldn't penetrate weak draws of many Slams. Of course, he is young and can still develop. Federer began at about 22-23 years old to achieve big results.

Kerber is a 3-time Grand Slam winner, she should be a star in Germany, in fact Angie is probably better than most of the German athletes.

·
Registered
27,371 Posts
We have to accept at this point ATP has more following and generates more interest, in general.
Also Kyrgios is Australian and kind of a showman (imho he is a douchebag and a clown but he is one of the most popular tennis players regardless).
Zverev is also getting popularity here because of the donations thing.

·
Registered
113,011 Posts
Its a men/women thing, very real with a lot of sports fans. Barty & Kerber are Hall of Fame players, and so far Nick & Zverev are nowhere close to that

·
Registered
27,371 Posts
Its a men/women thing, very real with a lot of sports fans. Barty & Kerber are Hall of Fame players, and so far Nick & Zverev are nowhere close to that
I’m not fan of Zverev but I still believe he has Grand Slams in his future. That plus YEC would make him HoF player. Just wait till the 3 GOATs retire.
Kyrgios is popular for other reasons.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I think it has something to do with expectations.

Kerber's career has peaked. 2016 was amazing, but now she's no longer among the favourites to win a Slam. And there is no chance of her beating some kind of record like Serena. So the german audience has less attention for her.

Zverev on the other hand can beat everybody, but hasn't yet had a top result in Slams. He has the potential to become the first german male Slam winner since 1991.

·
Registered
83,623 Posts
Barty is so boring..can´t even hate her...

·
Registered
894 Posts
I thought people were lined up to get into Barty matches. Isn’t Barty a really popular player in Australia????

Has Kerber ever been popular?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
799 Posts
It's not even woman/man thing, I watch both and generally prefer WTA but Kyrgios and Zverev are on another level of entertainment compare to Barty and Kerber. The latter are just boring, there's no other reasons.

·
Registered
37,477 Posts
It's not even woman/man thing, I watch both and generally prefer WTA but Kyrgios and Zverev are on another level of entertainment compare to Barty and Kerber. The latter are just boring, there's no other reasons.
Please, Zverev is an absolute joke in Grand Slams, zero credibility, and his game is far less entertaining than Kerber and Barty's. And has a tryhard personality.

He's the perfect example that you just need to be good-looking for the ATP PR NextGen machine to work.

·
Registered
37,477 Posts
Double post.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts