Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
181,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Olivier Mutis d. James Blake 6-4, 6-7 (3-7), 6-1 :eek:

go Fernando just beat dickhead tonight :)

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
You've heard of this Mutis bloke? I think I have once, he made through the qualifying into the main draw in Basel and had to retire against Nalbandian. Good old David seems to benefit a lot from retirements - two in Basel where he won the title, two at the Australian Open where he made the quarters. But I digress...

·
Team WTAworld, canis sapiens sapiens
4,495 Posts
He's 24 btw... he was n°1 in juniors (won Wimbledon)... Played a great match against Pavel in the first round of RG 96 (I think) and then nothing...

·
psychotic banana
3,022 Posts
I don't think the Andre win is really all that shocking. ;)

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Sjengster, what did you expect? He's playing a chicken tournament, after all.

Guess he was too afraid to play with the big boys in Barcelona :D:D

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I wasn't expecting anything else, I always knew he would win. I'm still annoyed that it happened, though. Should be interesting to see the psychological effect on Hewitt in the early rounds of Rome when he's seeded no. 2, which he assuredly will be unless Fish performs a truly miraculous feat in the semis.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Potatoman is too busy playing house with the Potatoette to care about his ranking, methinks.

Besides, he could very well get it back if Agassihole's head explodes from the fact that he's #1 and he fails to defend his title. I mean, the predictibility train has to stop somewhere, might as well be Rome! :D

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
My comment about AA win was truly tongue-in-cheek :)

And thaks guys for info about Mutis. This is the first time I've heard of him

1 - 20 of 39 Posts