Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a total snooze fest. No energy. Very short points. McNally seemed to be in complete control second set on despite not doing too much.

Complete walk about in the third. As if she was bored of being there, the match wasn’t exciting enough. Not sure.

Additionally, she’s not too quick very heavy about the court, the footwork needs love.

Onward Flipkens.

·
Registered
112,693 Posts
Flipkens turns 34 in January. Rolling thru the US players to the final

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Flipper beat Bellis 6-4,6-4 in the morning. Some players are playing two matches today because of the rain yesterday.
-
What's gotten into Falconi?
The 29 y/o Falconi, ranked #698, just beat Townsend,#2 seed, and is now into the semis against Flipper.
Did someone give Falconi an extra helping of fettuccine?

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
Caty Mcnally is playing 3 matches today. First she beat Galfi in three sets, then played 3 sets against Flipkens, and is now playing a doubles match with Falconi (who also plays 3). No wonder she's a little tired.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Caty Mcnally is playing 3 matches today. First she beat Galfi in three sets, then played 3 sets against Flipkens, and is now playing a doubles match with Falconi (who also plays 3). No wonder she's a little tired.
She has lost to Flipkens in what was for both the second match of the day, and the Belgian has almost the double of her age!

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I’m surprised Flipkins is so invested in competing during this off season, at this stage in her career. She’s already comfortably guaranteed an AO MD spot so that can’t be the motivational pull.

Not that I’m complaining. I love seeing her do well.
Flipkens has always been a streaky player. Why stop now when she has been a winning a lot of matches late in the season?

A smart move on her part.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I was hoping for McNally Zavatska final here :sobbing: but I'll be good with either Flipper or Coco winning it at this point, Flipper always seemed like of the nicest ladies on tour with a fine game, and Coco might not be that nice but I still like that power 🙂

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
I was hoping for McNally Zavatska final here :sobbing: but I'll be good with either Flipper or Coco winning it at this point, Flipper always seemed like of the nicest ladies on tour with a fine game, and Coco might not be that nice but I still like that power 🙂
Coco is not even mean to other girls. She is ultra competitive, and expects a lot of herself. 99.9% of her frustration is herself. She is very likable, and plenty of girls think so.
I just want Coco to get going again, after a rough slow start coming back. Winning this title would be huge for her.
For Flipkens, I think she just wanted to make sure she was in the AO MD, she’s more than secured that in these last few events

1 - 10 of 10 Posts