Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flipper :worship:

She extended her season by playing some extra smaller tournaments to secure better ranking to have direct entry in the most tournaments after a bad season.
She will be ranked 70th now and thus comfortably into most tournaments.

Even though its a small tournament, she lost a lot of finals in her career and Vandeweghe is no gift in a final, but she closed it out.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Flipkens and Vandeweghe played before on American hardcourts when Coco was coming up.
Coco won that match quite easily dominating with her powerful serve and forehand.
This match was like the total opposite with Flipper always one step ahead and Coco undergoing it all.

What's the tea with Coco? What happened?

Kirsten congrats. This result makes me happy.
She's got such court awareness, a joy to watch.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
After KooKoo went up 2-0 and had breakpoints in the 3rd game, I thought KooKoo would squish Flipper like a bug.
To her credit Flipper stayed with her game and waited for KooKoo to make errors. KooKoo is really good at making errors.
-
KooKoo moved up from #328 to #252 by reaching the finals. Good comeback from the injuries.
-
Next week Sebov and Parks are both playing .... 3,000 miles apart. Parks in Florida, and Sebov in Arizona.

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
I unfortunately didn’t go.

I honestly expected this to be quick work for Coco.

Flipper has be far less than amazing this week. Perplexing.

Coco played great all week.

·
Registered
15,244 Posts
Honestly I don't even know what WTA is all about if almost-retired post-injury Flipkens can still win tournament that probably had a bunch of young hopes in the draw.

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,390 Posts
Great way to finish the year for Kirsten! Smart move playing these last few weeks and gives her ranking a nice boost to start the new year :yeah: Very well deserved.

·
Registered
10,743 Posts
Congrats to Flipkins - a great week for her all in all. Sets her up nicely for 2020.

Good to see Coco recover some form this week.

·
Registered
4,247 Posts
Honestly I don't even know what WTA is all about if almost-retired post-injury Flipkens can still win tournament that probably had a bunch of young hopes in the draw.
Young hopes like Baptiste, Bellis or Mcnally?
She beat them all en route to the finals :rolleyes: :cool:

And I can still see her playing for like 2 or 3 more years for sure!

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Like it or not, Vandeweghe and her charming manners are on the way back to the main tour :facepalm:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts