Tennis Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing special here. Lao gave it away in 30 seconds in the last service game.

It’s a battle of the frozen skeletons out here. Wind is making it feel like it’s in the 30’s. Sun is out and bright- literally no help.

Whoever masters the conditions will win the tournament. Play doesn’t matter too much anymore lol

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Nothing special here. Lao gave it away in 30 seconds in the last service game.

It’s a battle of the frozen skeletons out here. Wind is making it feel like it’s in the 30’s. Sun is out and bright- literally no help.

Whoever masters the conditions will win the tournament. Play doesn’t matter too much anymore lol
Yeah it was crazy cold out there. I sat behind Lao's mother who told me she had to be there. We were the only ones watching at the time.

I don't think Lao stood a chance, especially with her slices drawing BMS to the net, where she's at her best.

Lao has a lot of heart though, grinding it out on the tour with some of her USC teammates. I like her blog.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
That's great! I love that about challengers (and I guess, 125Ks too); you sit down and can find yourself chatting with a player's husband or coach or mom. :)
This 125k is held at Rice University, so you're always bumping into players, up in the walkways. I usually respect player's privacy and all, but yesterday, I had to interrogate Jamie Loeb, as to why she didn't bring her sunglasses. :grin2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts