Tennis Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is not even important, but to us old folks from tennis twitter this is some sweet tea being spilled.
Earlier today, veteran twitterer Amy Fetherolf posted the following thread (which, as promised by herself, is deleted now). She used to blog on the site The Changeover, and was an avid commentator on everything tennis back in the day, but now she's barely active in the community.

The "fucking Match Charting Project" she's referring to is something she and fellow tennis fan and now analyst Jeff Sackmann started around 2013; it is still active and it is a thing where they watch a match and count every shot, and chart every detail; as a result you get how many BHDTL were played, how many drive volleys, etc, etc... it's something much more detailed than the average stats chart you get from a match. It is crowdsourced so anyone can be a contributor. Jeff also had a project with Ben Rothenberg called "Racket Rally", a fantasy tennis game that was very short-lived.

The thing is, Amy and Jeff were a couple back then. And things ended up badly mid 2015, when she announced on her account that HE CHEATED on her and she had kicked his ass out of her life immediately, as she should. Of course, this was a spectacle, it was clear she was very hurt, and later she posted some updates, if you can call it that, on the situation. He never commented on any of this. She wiped her account clean last year, so there's no register of all that.
By the things she posted today, we can infer some feelings were triggered by some posting she saw from her friends, these friends being the ones we all know, Courtney N. et al (all tho I think Ben is no longer close with Jeff and haven't been for some time). All of which led her to reveal that the Chart matching thing was her idea, and for some reason he is the one who kept it and who takes credit for it.
Jeff didn't respond to these allegations, and prob won't.

This is all I got. Many people were asking her about what was she talking about, and, all of this being ancient history, it was logical that no one really knew the back story. And now, reader, you must think "what kind of a psychopath would remember a break up story on twitter from 6 years ago that no one cares about?", well back then I had a tennis project myself and I needed to be on on the latest news at all times, so I spent an immoral amount of time reading my TL; plus, I have an annoying ability to remember the most useless things, it's a blessing and a course at the same time.

I hope this little story entertained you for a bit.
I go back to my cave now.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.