·
Premium Member
63,334 Posts
Doubles final OMG :love:

Reactions: Buitenzorg

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ovechkina keeps season ending championship chances alive by reaching the final in Linz.

« Im very confident right now. I’m playing very aggressive and it’s paying off. I’m keeping the rallies short and trying to come to net as much as I can. It’s the key when playing indoors. Playing Bianka next will be extremely difficult. She won Wimbledon this year and she loves to play in these kinds of condition. It will be hard for sure but I have a great record in finals and will be coming on to the court with a lot of confidence. My coach told me I still could qualify for Shenzhen. However, I need to win tomorrow and win Moscow next week hoping that the girls in front of me lose. Let’s make it happen. (Laughs) »

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
Prudential Hong Kong Tennis Open
Hong Kong 🇭🇰
FWTT International

SINGLES FINAL
Ruflina Taliamanosoko def. [3] Piper Elliot 6-3 7-5

DOUBLES FINAL
[1] Frost/Perez def. [4] Hingisafrilia/Sakikimbondwe 7-5 6-2

Upper Austria Ladies Linz
Linz 🇦🇹
FWTT International

SINGLES FINAL
[2] Bianka Harlow def. Larissa Ovechkina 5-7 7-6(3) 7-5

DOUBLES FINAL
[3] Carlson/Xuchini def. Huubere/Karklina 6-1 0-6 7-5

·
2,386 Posts
Congrats to all the champions and runner ups!

Wow testoo great picks this week! Nice to get another title before the Finals! :D

·
Registered
19,039 Posts
Yes, finally that 9th doubles title after all the 6:7(7) dramas. :cool:

Now let's go double digit by vulturing Luxembourg.

Congrats, Ruflina is back! (y)

·
Registered
24,675 Posts
Nice comeback from Ruffy 😘 congratulations!!
Bianka, back on track :love:
Congrats Miranda and Vittoria (we chose to play Linz, so you guys can win a doubles title :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)
Congrats Sannie and Ericely on winning the doubles title in Linz!!

Piper, Fleri/Xhaka and Marteena/Anete :hug:

·
Registered
24,675 Posts
I'm currently retty busy with moving to another flat, just a quick update on the Singles and Doubles Race:

Singles Race

1# Sannie Carlsson - 9990
2# Fleri Hingisafrilia - 8245
3# Bianka Harlow - 6495
4# Piper Elliot - 6125
5# Miranda Frost - 6055
6# Anastasia Nemayeva - 5861
7# Isidora Islewood - 4442

8# Anete Karklina - 4081
9 # Maria Abdiakova - 3980
10# Josephine Tyler-Malone - 3952
11# Jennifer Casanova - 3937
12# Sienna Campbell - 3701

7# Isidora Islewood qualified for the YEC, congratulations. 👏 Perez and Ovechkina are out of the Race to Shenzhen, Campbell still has a chance, but would need to win Moscow and depending on the results of Karklina, Casanova, Abdiakova and Tyler-Malone. Abdiakova, Tyler-Malone and Casanova will need Karklina to lose early and advancing further than her, but can only overtake her with Semifinal (Abdiakova, Tyler-Malone, Casanova).

As Karklina and Tyler-Malone will play each other in the Round of 16 in Moscow, things will get very interesting.

I'm not sure if my calculations are completely correct regarding the "22-tournament"-Rule, sorry if there are any mistakes.

Doubles Race

1# Frost/Perez - 10930
2# Casanova/Tyler-Malone - 7449
3# Harlow/Nemayeva - 6496
4# Islewood/Reinga - 6295
5# Carlsson/Xuchini - 5608
6# Carebear/Elliot - 5028
7# Campbell/Pryde-Degman - 4298

8# Jugic-Salkic/Ovechkina - 3074
9# Mikhailova/Zabokrecina - 2974
10# Huubere/Karklina - 2801

The last three doubles teams will all play in Moscow next week, but they will all be unseeded so could draw each other early. 470 points to win in Moscow, still a realistic chance for Huubere/Karklina, but a lot will depend on the doubles draw. Things could get interesting if Jugic-Salkic/Ovechkina lose in the first round and Mikhailova/Zabokrecina make the Quarterfinals, Mervana and Larissa will have a lead of 1 (!!!) point. Huubere/Karklina need to make the doubles final to overtake both Jugic-Salkic/Ovechkina and Mikhailova/Zabokrecina.

I'm not sure if we do the "22-tournament"-Rule also in Doubles, sorry if there are any mistakes.

·
Premium Member
63,334 Posts
What a comeback for Ruffy :love:

Let us keep going Fleri :)

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Harlow takes home Linz title

"I feel very proud to take home the title today. Larissa played an incredible match. In fact, it was so close in that second set that I was starting to feel like the match was slipping away but I held on and felt much more confident in the third."

German Bianka Harlow takes home her 2nd FWTT singles title here in Linz over the past five years, making it 4 tournaments wins in 2020.

"This year has been like any other. Obviously, there's a lot going on in the world, first and foremost. And my game was all over the place. I had a great start to the year, a rough patch at the beginning, an amazing grass court season, and then a lull this fall. Needless to say, the tournament is so competitive that I'm just thankful to still be playing."

Harlow will be playing in Moscow next week where she won in 2018 and has already qualified for the Year Ends Championships in Shenzhen in both singles and doubles with partner Anastasia Nemayeva.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts