Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I follow scores when my faves are playing, but I really could care less who wins what tie and who advances and all that. I know FC is important to the game, and I do get it.... but personally, do YOU care about Fed Cup?

I mean, have you ever said... "I'm from Slovakia and WE won the Fed Cup last year, so pfffttt at you"? (No offence to Slovaks meant).

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
I don't a shit about it, honestly... I'm from US, and I don't give a damn if they win. I just hope Russia does well, because Lena is happy then. :)

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
I care for it, when I'm able to see it on tv. my faves are playing... I care about fed cup more than davis cup that's for sure. and it's tennis... i'm getting to the point where I don't care what tournament it is, I want to see it on tv. :D

·
Registered
34,273 Posts
Of course, here in Spain Fed Cup is a question of pride, more or less as Davis cup for Sweden

·
63,499 Posts
Yeah, of course!! I'm 100% supporting Aussie Fed Cup!! :)

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Everyone NOT from the US, cares about Fed Cup... and we don't care. Simple as that. :p

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
I think Americans for some reason just
can't get into the spirit of the event.
Watching those events played outside
of the USA featuring, Belgium, France,
Spain, etc....there's a real sense of
joy and pride in FED CUP, not in a arrogant
or rude way- but in a feel good way.
Perhaps because there are no $$$ or ranking
points invovled American tennis players never
got into the spirit of it. Maybe it's the lack
of media coverage that seems to only focus
on the US OPEN, and Wimbledon that is the
problem.

I have better FED CUP coverage since I moved
outside of the USA. The highlight shows are
an excellent vehicle to see the whole picture of
the FED CUP draws not just the USA.

·
Banned
986 Posts
To be honest I don't. :eek: It's more because from what I know about Fed Cup it just seems like the players including Serena my fav think it's a big hassle like they're only playing in it because they have to so that makes me not really care.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
I don´t give a f*ck about it. :eek:

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
I LOVE Fed Cup, I went to watch Kim and Justine this weekend and the athmosphere among the audience and the players was just...GREAT. It's good to see that some players don't only care about their ranking and about the points they have to defend but that they also love to play for their country and for their fans. It's obvious that Kim and Justine are proud of their Belgian nationality. Go girls, and take that Fed Cup in November once again!

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
I dont care

·
Registered
486 Posts
I care... both for my country (Indonesia) and whichever my fave players' countries...
like Russia.. ;)

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Well given the days of Su Barker and Geenie Wade are gone, FED Cup is pretty meaningless to me, as there about as much chance of Barker and Wade being the winning team for Britain then the one we have.

But if my faves are playing then I will look out for them. But I always dont look forward to FED Cup week.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts