Tennis Forum banner

161 - 180 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Drawn towards, you make it sound kinda weird. :lol:
I've been banned for my opinions that's true, but to be honest I never attacked any user personally or wrote anything voluntarily offensive (some people might be offended by numbers and statistics though, in this case I apologize).
Oh that phrase was fully intentional.
If you attack a group based on their sexual orientation, you bet that is personal to members of that group.
It's not statistics and numbers that can be offensive but the conclusions people draw from them. If I remember correctly in your case it was something like: Many gays get AIDS = being gay is bad. Many young gays attempt suicide = being gay is bad.

·
Registered
29,337 Posts
And that's where you and other so-called gays who side with the right draw the line. Now absent posters like @plantman before you tried it, and here you come along starting off where he began. :rolleyes:
"so-called gays"

Yes, you're far from being an ally.

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
So, the best practice for "left-wingers" is to repeat after the Repubs and politicize the existence of LGBT.

I reject that. I know I'm in the minority, but I don't care. I can't stand how people are pretending to speak up for LGBT only because they can "criticize" Trump or whoever they don't like. I make a distinction between genuine allies and political opportunists.
You only make that distinction when it comes to the left. I think it's hilarious how you keep going on about what a freethinker you are and all the rest is just following the left-wing mob but the fact is you only dissect left-wing intentions and take everything from the right at face-value.

The truth though is, even when both sides politicize LGBT, most of the time it's the right that tries to suppress LGBT equality and the left provides actual laws to ensure it.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
So, the best practice for "left-wingers" is to repeat after the Repubs and politicize the existence of LGBT.

I reject that. I know I'm in the minority, but I don't care. I can't stand how people are pretending to speak up for LGBT only because they can "criticize" Trump or whoever they don't like. I make a distinction between genuine allies and political opportunists.
Trump administration is literally making life for gay people hell by making it alright to discriminate on the basis of 'religious freedom'.

With allies like you, who need foes?

·
Registered
29,337 Posts
You only make that distinction when it comes to the left. I think it's hilarious how you keep going on about what a freethinker you are and all the rest is just following the left-wing mob but the fact is you only dissect left-wing intentions and take everything from the right at face-value.

The truth though is, even when both sides politicize LGBT, most of the time it's the right that tries to suppress LGBT equality and the left provides actual laws to ensure it.
Wrong. :shrug:

I take everything from the left and the right with the same approach. It's not my fault that in 2019, the left is more authoritarian than the right.

·
Registered
29,337 Posts
Trump administration is literally making life for gay people hell by making it alright to discriminate on the basis of 'religious freedom'.

With allies like you, who need foes?
False. :shrug:
Blame the US constitution for being too liberal for your taste.

I'm not "an ally". I am gay.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts

I can write a whole essay on this but just for starters:

- Trump admin rolled down federal workplace protection for LGBT
- Trump admin rescinded requirements that made it mandatory for federal contractors to comply with LGBT workplace protection
- Trump admin's department of Justice argued that federal civil rights law does not bar employers to discriminate against people on sexual orientation
- Trump admin rolled back on census collection on LGBT.
- Trump has appointed judges to supreme court - Gorsuch, Kavanaugh, Jones Rushing who are not just against gay marriage they have affiliations to groups that want to "criminalise" homosexuality.
- Trump admin barred US high commission to display rainbow flags.

I could on and on....

·
Registered
7,815 Posts
Wrong. :shrug:

I take everything from the left and the right with the same approach. It's not my fault that in 2019, the left is more authoritarian than the right.
Yes, for conservative right-wingers the fight for equality is often mistaken for authoritarianism.

·
Registered
29,337 Posts
Yes, for conservative right-wingers the fight for equality is often mistaken for authoritarianism.
In what way are the LGBT organizations in America in 2019 fighting for equality? Their activities are mostly connected to shilling for the corporations and Democratic party, policing speech and thought, banning and cancelling people, promoting unscientific gender ideology and intersectionality, and harrassing conservatives who just want to live their lives.

·
Registered
39,055 Posts
In what way are the LGBT organizations in America in 2019 fighting for equality? Their activities are mostly connected to shilling for the corporations and Democratic party, policing speech and thought, banning and cancelling people, promoting unscientific gender ideology and intersectionality, and harrassing conservatives who just want to live their lives.
What you know about America couldn't fill a thimble, troll.

·
Registered
39,055 Posts

Who are you trying to convince, yourself or us? :confused:

161 - 180 of 222 Posts