Tennis Forum banner

201 - 220 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
30,350 Posts

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Racism and xenophobia are such great tactics when you claim you're fighting for equality. Right? :rolleyes:

/sarcasm
It's a fact, I even provided a source. To quote you '' I'm simply describing the situation''. :shrug:

Nice try. :bigwave:

·
Registered
30,350 Posts
It's a fact, I even provided a source. To quote you '' I'm simply describing the situation''. :shrug:

Nice try. :bigwave:
Uhm, no. You saw a Romanian flag and you chose to apply your "fact" to that poster purely on the basis of his presumed nationality. You're no better than a poster saying gays will get AIDS.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Uhm, no. You saw a Romanian flag and you chose to apply your "fact" to that poster purely on the basis of his presumed nationality. You're no better than a poster saying gays will get AIDS.
The poster made fun of the discussion about gay rights being stumped on by conservatives by bringing in muslims, a tired old tactic of them. Muslims doing things at Pride. I responded by showing what his own countrymen actually do at Pride. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

·
Registered
30,350 Posts
Pick-pocketing people at Pride is like a hate crime now? :spit: Pick-pocketers thrive in any large crowd of people, regardless of the crowd's sexual orientation.

Also, just because conservatives like to bring it up, it doesn't mean it's not true that Muslims are more hostile towards LGBT people. The leftist LGBT agenda recently has been to ignore this "fact", sometimes going as far as portraying fake solidarity between the Muslim and LGBT communities. No surprise the conservatives are more motivated to talk about this.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Also, just because conservatives like to bring it up, it doesn't mean it's not true that Muslims are more hostile towards LGBT people. The leftist LGBT agenda recently has been to ignore this "fact", sometimes going as far as portraying fake solidarity between the Muslim and LGBT communities. No surprise the conservatives are more motivated to talk about this.
Oh it is very true. It is also true that all the conservatives do is talk about muslim homophobia while in the meantime blocking all pro-gay laws themselves. I have already mentioned that earlier in the thread but according to you only leftists use gays politically.

I leave it at that because this discussion is going nowhere with your twisted ideas about conservatives being the victims of gay aggression.

·
Registered
30,350 Posts
Oh it is very true. It is also true that all the conservatives do is talk about muslim homophobia while in the meantime blocking all pro-gay laws themselves. I have already mentioned that earlier in the thread but according to you only leftists use gays politically.

I leave it at that because this discussion is going nowhere with your twisted ideas about conservatives being the victims of gay aggression.
I don't usually see the conservatives as the victims of gay aggression. Most of the time, they are simply standing up for their values and refusing to bend over for the gays.

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
Considering all the hate that went through Poland during recent weeks, this is such an uplifting video.
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/07/30/polish-lgbt-celebs-unite-fight-homophobia-taylor-swift/
Some of Poland’s most well-known LGBT+ politicians, celebrities and activists are using the power of Taylor Swift to tackle the rising anti-LGBT+ sentiment in their country.

More than 140 people contributed lip-synching videos to create a Polish version of Taylor Swift’s anti-homophobia anthem, “You Need To Calm Down.”

It includes the Deputy President of Warsaw, Paweł Rabiej, party leader and European Parliament member Robert Biedron, Top Model winner Radek Pestka, and many other journalists, activists and TV stars.
Also present in the video are the model Romek Gelard, Mr. Gay Poland Lukasz Sabat, the famous Polish drag queen Kim Lee, and the popular vlogger Natalia Radtke.

Anti-LGBT sentiment is rising in Poland
The video was created by Jakub Kwiecinski, a gay man growing frustrated by the spread of anti-LGBT+ extremism in his country.

Recent months have seen “LGBT-free zone stickers” being distributed to businesses, Pride-goers being pelted with rocks, and the Polish president considering a “gay propaganda” ban.

Kwiecinski told LGBTQ Nation: “We didn’t have any money but had a huge will to do [the video], so we asked LGBT people to record their own videos and send them to us.
“The response was overwhelming — we got 350 videos! Considering the huge scale of homophobia in our country, these were 140 brave people.”

The result is a defiant celebration of Poland’s diverse LGBT+ community, who refuse to back down in the face of growing homophobia.
Kwiecinski, who is spreading the video using the hashtag #Polandcalmdown, said: “We did it for fun but also to draw world’s attention on LGBT+ rights in our country.

“That’s why video ends with two boards where we inform people about the huge scale of homophobia in our country.”
The final images of the video address the upswing in homophobic public sentiment in Poland, “one of the most homophobic countries in Europe.”

In reference to the “LGBT-free zone” stickers, the video states that this is the first time since World War II that zones have been created in Europe to ban a minority group.

·
Registered
6,827 Posts
Recently my Twitter TL has had short clips of TV presenter, interviewing a LGBTI activist in Uganda and so I looked up the full interview on YT and thought I would share it here (no offence meant), just to share the ignorance on how it was in 2012, and it is so in some other parts of the world.

201 - 220 of 269 Posts