Tennis Forum banner

181 - 200 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
So, how are the Gay&Lesbian groups in the USA fighting for *equality* in 2019?
How are conservatives all over the world 'just living their lives' when they are actively trying to block equality?

·
Registered
30,350 Posts
How are conservatives all over the world 'just living their lives' when they are actively trying to block equality?
You can't answer my question? Sad.

I am talking about conservatives who are just trying to live their lives. Not the ones "actively blocking equality". Sad.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
You can't answer my question? Sad.

I am talking about conservatives who are just trying to live their lives. Not the ones "actively blocking equality". Sad.
And I am talking about the gay groups fighting for equality. Not the fringe twitter lunatics.

Damn, this (your) way of argumenting is so easy. Just thwart everything back and never come with anything yourself. Oh, forgot to end with sad.

·
Registered
30,350 Posts
And I am talking about the gay groups fighting for equality. Not the fringe twitter lunatics.

Damn, this (your) way of argumenting is so easy. Just thwart everything back and never come with anything yourself. Oh, forgot to end with sad.
Which groups? What are their accomplishments in terms of equality in 2019?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Which groups? What are their accomplishments in terms of equality in 2019?
That's not the question, that's not what this discussion is about. You keep telling how the left and LGBT activists are the aggressors while it's not them trying to block equal rights, it's the political conservatives. How is it going with gay rights in Serbia?

·
Registered
30,350 Posts
That's not the question, that's not what this discussion is about. You keep telling how the left and LGBT activists are the aggressors while it's not them trying to block equal rights, it's the political conservatives. How is it going with gay rights in Serbia?
Fine actually. Prime Minister is a lesbian who gave birth recently.

You can't be seriously suggesting that my question about the modern-time LGBT groups in America does not belong in the thread about LGBT issues?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Fine actually. Prime Minister is a lesbian who gave birth recently.

You can't be seriously suggesting that my question about the modern-time LGBT groups in America does not belong in the thread about LGBT issues?
I know she is a lesbian. Another example of you confusing outward appearances with lawful rights.

I just think it's strange that your common point of view always seems to be negative towards the LGBT movement and lethargic at best towards conservative aggression. You can question anything you want but make it more balanced is all I'm asking.

·
Registered
30,350 Posts
I know she is a lesbian. Another example of you confusing outward appearances with lawful rights.

I just think it's strange that your common point of view always seems to be negative towards the LGBT movement and lethargic at best towards conservative aggression. You can question anything you want but make it more balanced is all I'm asking.
I prefer incremental social changes to fascistoid fast track. The excesses of LGBT activism are making life tougher for gay people. The reaction is already more pronounced and visible, but apparently not to everyone. Stop making it seem like I and my supposedly "unbalanced" opinions are problematic while I'm simply describing the situation. I'm not the one who would go and harm any group of people, especially LGBT.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
I prefer incremental social changes to fascistoid fast track. The excesses of LGBT activism are making life tougher for gay people. The reaction is already more pronounced and visible, but apparently not to everyone. Stop making it seem like I and my supposedly "unbalanced" opinions are problematic while I'm simply describing the situation. I'm not the one who would go and harm any group of people, especially LGBT.
:facepalm:
Okay, I need to dissect this.

I prefer incremental social changes to fascistoid fast track.
Gay people have been oppressed for ages but we have to go slow now because...? The poor conservative population can't handle it when people they have nothing to do with can, for instance, get married? And this fight for equality is fascistoid but not the withholding of equal rights?

The excesses of LGBT activism are making life tougher for gay people. The reaction is already more pronounced and visible, but apparently not to everyone.
This is pure victim blaming. So it is the fault of gay activists for equal rights that reactionaries are taking it out on ordinary gays? The 'reaction' is nothing more than what conservatives have done for ages, suppress gay people.

I'm not the one who would go and harm any group of people, especially LGBT.
It's not you indeed, it's the conservatives you apparently have more empathy for than people that are actually marginalized.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Me, when all the LGBTQXYZ people currently complaining about harmless boomer conservatives will have to deal with a majority-minority population of devout muslims, and in the case of the U.S. devout Christian latinos who absolutely despise them.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Me, when all the LGBTQXYZ people currently complaining about harmless boomer conservatives will have to deal with a majority-minority population of devout muslims, and in the case of the U.S. devout Christian latinos who absolutely despise them.

Yes, the old 'I'm using gays to attack muslims and latinos stick.' :yawn:

And don't worry, I'm fully aware conservatives will eventually team up with conservatives from other groups to attack us, they've already done that in the Paris march against gay marriage in 2013.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts

Me, when a conservative who clearly doesn't like LGBTQ+ people and are willing to make fun of them tries to politicize LGBTQ+ problems against racial and religious minorities.

You have Nastase in your avatar, don't even try to contend that you're not a conservative troll. :spit:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes, the old 'I'm using gays to attack muslims and latinos stick.' :yawn:

And don't worry, I'm fully aware conservatives will eventually team up with conservatives from other groups to attack us, they've already done that in the Paris march against gay marriage in 2013.
Me, when a conservative who clearly doesn't like LGBTQ+ people and are willing to make fun of them tries to politicize LGBTQ+ problems against racial and religious minorities.

You have Nastase in your avatar, don't even try to contend that you're not a conservative troll. :spit:
I reject in the strongest possible terms the accusations made in the above replies. I am a believer in diversity and equal rights. It's true that OUR struggle (I'm an ally) is a long and difficult process but I have a dream™. A dream that one day during a June gay pride parade in Moscow led by Comrade Corbin, the marchers will come face to face with a group of praying muslims, peace be upon them. You will be surprised and somewhat nervous when they get up. They're not. It turns out they were expecting you and have a little surprise. Suddenly, they reach down, pick up something form the ground and come running towards you.

It turns out they have the prayer mats in their hands and they are rainbow colored just for this special occasion and they offer them to you as a sign of love which you gracefully accept. After a few minutes of giggles and dancing you join hands and continue your march singing "The Internationale

I got all misty-eyed just typing this. Going to get a tissue. BRB.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
I reject in the strongest possible terms the accusations made in the above replies. I am a believer in diversity and equal rights. It's true that OUR struggle (I'm an ally) is a long and difficult process but I have a dream™. A dream that one day during a June gay pride parade in Moscow led by Comrade Corbin, the marchers will come face to face with a group of praying muslims, peace be upon them. You will be surprised and somewhat nervous when they get up. They're not. It turns out they were expecting you and have a little surprise. Suddenly, they reach down, pick up something form the ground and come running towards you.

It turns out they have the prayer mats in their hands and they are rainbow colored just for this special occasion and they offer them to you as a sign of love which you gracefully accept. After a few minutes of giggles and dancing you join hands and continue your march singing "The Internationale
You know what we have to be careful for during our Pride every year? Romanian pickpockets. (source: https://www.dutchnews.nl/news/2013/08/pickpockets_targeted_gay_pride/ )

:bigwave:

181 - 200 of 269 Posts