Tennis Forum banner

501 - 520 of 534 Posts

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I did notice on Vee's website it says highlights of her career include competing at "5 Olympic games (and counting!)". Hopefully it's just her being re-energised by the new coach, the home crowds, and her sick EleVen collection that's inspiring all the joy.

To me Serena does seem to be enjoying herself less and just doggedly going ahead for that 24th (obviously her off court interests have grown, in addition to the many distractions of motherhood). But I also think she just needs one really good run to get her going again. Where she isn't stopped by injury. Or drama. Hopefully it happens in Rome/Paris.
Not if Saraya opens the thread. Three threads. Three B.S. results. I love her but she's CURSED at the moment.

Y'all keep playing around and Serena's gonna end up preggers again.

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
A blood sacrifice

·
Premium Member
20,374 Posts
There are no requirements. Just be first and be prepared to get dragged if she flops :lol:

It used to be that regular posters called threads. But sadly most of them are gone :tears: and no one is really claiming any particular event.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
What are the requirements to opening a thread? I know there are certain superstitions. :lol:
It's pretty simple. Justin and Pump make Serena win.
Let Saraya open a thread and Serena becomes a walking bye.
As for me, I should only be allowed to open a thread if you want Serena to go on another maternity leave - I did IW 2017 :facepalm:

·
Registered
9,627 Posts
The " enhanced mobile view" really killed this site. Every couple of months im reminded how ugly it is when they randomly switch it back

·
Registered
85,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #511
I don´t care so much about Rome and RG..so anyone feel free to open that threads..I step down with that..but ..please..let me do the US OPEN 2019 thread! Deal?

·
Amateur Volleyer
32,120 Posts
Kiii @Pump quills plucked yet again

:hysteric:

That was truly the least shocking upset ever. As soon as the rain delay came at the end of the 2nd set, I knew it was GSM.

It's crazy how RBA and Simon constantly make him look so pedestrian yet he beats Nadal like a red-headed stepchild.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I don´t care so much about Rome and RG..so anyone feel free to open that threads..I step down with that..but ..please..let me do the US OPEN 2019 thread! Deal?
No. I want the US Open thread.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Out of the 10 tournaments she's played since her comeback, she's only made it past a QF twice.

Indian Wells - 3R
Miami - 1R
RG - 4R (withdrew)
SW19 - F
San Jose - 1R
Cincinnati - 2R
US - F

AO - QF
Indian Wells - 3R (retired)
Miami - 3R (withdrew)

It fucking kills me that she was four sets away from #25 and made two grand slam finals in her first year back but couldn't get out of her own way. I agree with a lot of you that 2003Rena has reemerged and she seems more interested in her celebrity at times than putting in the work necessary to get to 25. No, these lesser tournaments don't matter in the grand scheme of things, but they are important in order to maintain her ranking and get a respectable seed at the slams.

I think it's pretty clear that her goal is to win 2 more slams and play Tokyo 2020. So we have 6 slams until then (7 if you count US 2020). She can do it. Draws can easily fall apart, and I believe she can still create magic when she needs to. I have been stanning her for 17 years and she has never let me down!

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
She needs to focus on tennis. Period. i'm sure Alxis can manage a baby for a month. She needs to get in shape and play some warm up tournaments. The way she's going now she won't last the first week in a slam let alone think of winning one. :lol:

Reactions: Saraya!

·
Registered
3,713 Posts

That was truly the least shocking upset ever. As soon as the rain delay came at the end of the 2nd set, I knew it was GSM.

It's crazy how RBA and Simon constantly make him look so pedestrian yet he beats Nadal like a red-headed stepchild.
He was ass in this match though. At least in Doha RBA really took it from him. I'm not even surprised he flopped in the Sunshine Double as he's clearly focusing more on the slams. If he flops on clay then I'll start to worry because I'm pretty sure he really wants a second FO.

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Well a none * FO I suppose. I need him to draw Prince Dominic everywhere on clay :drool:
Knees hasn't even beaten Flopvak on his turf, meanwhile we have a certain 2015 QF straight set drubbing where the loser was lucky to not receive two breadsticks... then it ran away to avoid an even worse beatdown a year later.

So you want Dom Twink to do the dirty work of taking Flopvak out? Sounding like a certain pill poppers fans...

·
Premium Member
20,374 Posts
Sorry sis...it's a final or nothing. A QF win during King's darkest year on tour is meaningless. He should have taken it from King in the final like King did to Gargamel. And even more so since King is literally owns RG.

Honestly I am just ready for the younger players to start dragging the big 3 now. They are actually a good crop of players now. All exciting to watch and all with big games. I won't even care if Thiem wins RG. We need new blood.

The match last night between Titsipas and Shapovalov was :drool: just from a shot making perspective. Same with Tiafoe yesterday. Gargamel, King, and Sonic just don't produce those matches against each other anymore. Not to mention Sonic's horrendous matches vs Murray....:eek:

501 - 520 of 534 Posts