Tennis Forum banner

481 - 500 of 534 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I think her injury is legitimate. :shrug: We heard her mention a "pain" in her "left (inaudible)" when she was talking to the trainer in IW. Based on how she was moving at the end of that Mug match, she seemed like she was injured as well as sick.

I feel like she would've been super lazy with her movement yesterday if she were pregnant, and wouldn't have cranked up the mph on her serve like she did. I also don't think she would've gone biking last week (given her history with accidents :eek:). But idk... it's definitely a possibility. For as long as she keeps playing, we should all be mentally prepared for another sudden pregnancy announcement. :lol:

The next few weeks will be important. Having a productive April often sets the tone for the rest of her season. Hopefully the knee injury won't be a setback.
I would agree, check the kinesio tape on both sides of her left knee from a couple days ago:

You can obviously never count out the possibility of a pregnancy, but if that's not the case then I just want her to get to the clay court season with a relatively healthy knee at this point. Then we'll probably have to worry more about her shoulder/elbow again, but it should at least be less stressful on her knees.

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
I can't stress this enough...I think she's pregnant lol.

1) Extreme dizziness out of the blue. Happens in first trimester of pregnancy.
2) Withdrawal for some silly reason.
3) One last win at her home tournament to finish her career.
4) Serena said she HOPED to comeback next year. Not that she looked forward to...
5) Alexis has been MIA on twitter all day. WHICH NEVER HAPPENS. Jill's been MIA, Serena's been MIA. Patrick's been sort of MIA.

Something is up.

The WTA:

"Williams' withdrawal was unexpected because she showed no signs of injury a day earlier while winning her opening match against Rebecca Peterson, 6-3, 1-6, 6-1. Williams didn't mention any health issues during a news conference after the match, and the WTA had no information regarding when she was hurt."

·
Registered
14,638 Posts
I can't with this pregnancy talk.

Yeah I hear you. I get that she could become pregnant, because try as you might, and even using birth control you can STILL become pregnant (As Serena did with Jr.). But yeah, I've had enough with the pregnancy talk :zzz::zzz:

Finally, if people had really heard and listened when Serena spoke about how difficult and gut-wrenching her post-pregnancy was--to the point of almost dying again due to embolisms et al she developed while IN the hospital after she delivered Jr., about not being able to walk to her mail box for months post c-section and about having to wear those compression stockings--they'd know that she would be very mindful of another pregnancy. She also mentioned that for her to become pregnant again given her medical history/problems, and maybe being told by a doctor that there's a potential of a high-risk pregnancy, she/Alexis might go the adoption route--that's even if she wasn't playing tennis. Echoing again that a women can become pregnant while using birth control unless they totally abstain from sexual activity (And Ree and Alexis 'appear' to be a 'very romantic' couple per their Instargrams :lol: There's no doubt that she wants nothing more than to bag those last 2 singles slams to catch then pass racist/homophobic Court, and to leave tennis--go out--in style representing her country one LAST time with Venus (But Vee's having issues with her arm that have lingered on for a long time now :sad:).

I hate having to even mention Ree and retirement in the same sentence, but for what it's worth I don't get the feeling that a pregnancy will be the thing that 'ends' her career.

It'll be health issues or an injury that will.

While I'm bummed out with what I see as a knee issue for Ree, I'm still here supportive and loving Ree and Vee for however long they can play the game that they've revolutionized & loved. A game that they've played which has bought this Ree and Vee fan much happiness and joy the past 25 years :inlove:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Lol if she’s pregnant I hope her ass retires. It is not hard to wrap the dick up. If she’s pregnant, I will make a voodoo doll of derpy ass Alexis too. As it is I’m still bitter he knocked her up after she freshly won 23 (and was poised to take 24 to tie the record that year). Her being pregnant will end her career as we know it.

However, I’m calling bullshit. If she was pregnant at IW, she wouldn’t have trained and played Miami. I think she might have slight pain, and Miami is not worth withdrawing from the French/Wimbledon double in less than two months. She’s getting a bit of match play to help her with the rust, and making sure she will be healthy for the slams. Let’s not kid ourselves, that’s the only reason she’s still playing is to bag a couple more before the 2020 Olympics.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Pretty disappointing Sunshine double, by far the worst one since she started playing professional tennis. I didn't think she could win either of these events, but I thought at least a QF/R4 at both events would be a given. What's even more worrying is the fact that she retired/withdrew at both events, injuries seem to be a recurring theme this year. Rome is 6 weeks away and that is plenty of time to work on her injuries, game, movement and fitness, but that obviously will not happen. She had 5 weeks to prepare between Melbourne and Indian Wells and 3.5 months between the US Open and Perth yet she only regressed in form and fitness compared to New York.

I feel like there are other issues aside from health as well. She reached two consecutive Grand Slam finals while not on her best form which has led her into a false sense of security about her game, making her think that this kind of form will be enough to win Grand Slams. In reality, she was nowhere close to winning either Wimbledon or the US Open as evidenced by the enormous gap between her and the eventual champions in both finals. Her attention seems to be completely divided and at this point, tennis seems to be a #3 priority behind her daughter and being a celebrity/saving the world. In reality, none of these celebrities, leftist media or corporations give a fuck about her or tennis, they just want to push their own agenda and get money from it. There is simply no way around it. If she wants to win Grand Slams, she has to make tennis her #1 priority again. Even the most elite current players like Djokovic, Nadal and Federer are completely devoted to tennis, despite having families of their own and being widely famous. She didn't get from 13 to 23 Slams in a span of 4 years by doing the bare minimum. Instead, she worked harder than ever before in her career, transformed her body into the body of an actual goddess and played through the Bastads, Stanfords and Charlestons of the tour and actually showed up for those events.

For the time being, I just hope that she will take this time to at least sort out her injuries and fix things that are bugging her physically. She really has a golden opportunity in Paris considering how inept the majority of top players are on clay.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Probably more of a precautionary withdraw than anything else. Plus she had the virus and lost some training time. They probably figured there was nothing to be gained by trying to win Miami slightly injured and not fully fit.

I truly believe if she can buckle down on her fitness starting immediately that a RG win is a real possibility. Follow that up with Wimbledon and it’s a wrap. Peace Out. A lot of these girls don’t know what to do when not on a hardcourt so she’ll have an advantage.

The Met Gala is a major distraction and I wish she wasn’t hosting that. Her focus needs to be 100% on tennis and family for the next 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
84,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #489
Probably more of a precautionary withdraw than anything else. Plus she had the virus and lost some training time. They probably figured there was nothing to be gained by trying to win Miami slightly injured and not fully fit.

I truly believe if she can buckle down on her fitness starting immediately that a RG win is a real possibility. Follow that up with Wimbledon and it’s a wrap. Peace Out. A lot of these girls don’t know what to do when not on a hardcourt so she’ll have an advantage.

The Met Gala is a major distraction and I wish she wasn’t hosting that. Her focus needs to be 100% on tennis and family for the next 6 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:worship:
For me her off court life is so overloaded..not only the #MetGala, also her political agenda, her fight for working mothers, her fight for equality, against racism then her child and her husband..that is to much..she really needs to focus more oin tennis

·
Registered
159 Posts
Her attention seems to be completely divided and at this point, tennis seems to be a #3 priority behind her daughter and being a celebrity/saving the world.

There is simply no way around it. If she wants to win Grand Slams, she has to make tennis her #1 priority again.
?All is said ?

She has too many celebs friends, who want to make her a celeb like them, and she looooves that. Serena loves attention. She loves super heros movies that much she wants to become a super hero, but not especially in tennis.

I thinn she’s not 100% focused on her tennis. Even last year. This «*being serena*» was spectacular, emotional, but it was mostly a big show, to represent a super woman, with all the drama (birth of Olympia) and the Rocky Balboa ingredients to show the hard work she did between Miami and RG.
It’s a show. It’s 60% true 40 % exagerated.

Serena’s image developed by all her sponsors is, in my opinion, too big.Too large.
They don’t want a champion of tennis, they want to make a general modern Icon.

She can’t spend her time to try to be the best mother in the world, the president of the Women rights, the queen of the Gotha (she’s never been as close of Meghan since she became a star), the most glamour athlete (all these sexy shootings and coverts), the designer of her own brand, etc...

She wants to be everywhere.

And she still hopes to be the queen of the court while practising when she has time between 2 galas or photo shootings ?

She is a bit lost physically AND mentally.
She forgot what is her first and main job.
And why she became a star.

·
Registered
84,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #491
?All is said ?

She has too many celebs friends, who want to make her a celeb like them, and she looooves that. Serena loves attention. She loves super heros movies that much she wants to become a super hero, but not especially in tennis.

I thinn she’s not 100% focused on her tennis. Even last year. This «*being serena*» was spectacular, emotional, but it was mostly a big show, to represent a super woman, with all the drama (birth of Olympia) and the Rocky Balboa ingredients to show the hard work she did between Miami and RG.
It’s a show. It’s 60% true 40 % exagerated.

Serena’s image developed by all her sponsors is, in my opinion, too big.Too large.
They don’t want a champion of tennis, they want to make a general modern Icon.

She can’t spend her time to try to be the best mother in the world, the president of the Women rights, the queen of the Gotha (she’s never been as close of Meghan since she became a star), the most glamour athlete (all these sexy shootings and coverts), the designer of her own brand, etc...

She wants to be everywhere.

And she still hopes to be the queen of the court while practising when she has time between 2 galas or photo shootings ?

She is a bit lost physically AND mentally.
She forgot what is her first and main job.
And why she became a star
And YOU forgot that she is the GOAT even she never step on a tennis court. She has nothing to prove.

·
Registered
159 Posts
And YOU forgot that she is the GOAT even she never step on a tennis court. She has nothing to prove.
You’re supposed to have muted me ?

I have no GOD no GOAT sorry.
I don’t believe in superhumans. I believe in champions and that’s good enough.

I know she has nothing to prove, that’s the argument 1 of her fan club when someone makes a negative comment, she could retire and live her life I would understand !
BUT she decided to continue because she wants to win another major and break the record...so, finally, she wants to prove something.
I think her way of life and her multi activities don’t fit with her ambitions.

·
Premium Member
20,321 Posts
Good to have some confirmation it was an injury.

Shocked at the pregnancy crisis. I think Serena is clear on what her goals are for the foreseeable future and that is #24. I am sure both she and Alexis are taking 'family planning' precautions in that regard.

But she's 37 with a lot of mileage on her body and a game that is very physical. I'm not sure what more people want her to do? She is clearly training. And Serena has always had her outside interests at every stage of her career. Clearly she needs that balance. We don't even see 24/7 of her life. So there is nothing to indicate she isn't doing the things people are upset at her for not doing. Injuries were always going to be an issue at this stage of her career. Her knee is problematic and sadly will continue to be as she goes for 24 and beyond.

·
Registered
84,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #498
Serena Williams feels proud of her return to the competition after motherhood. In a press conference at the Miami Open, the former world no. 1 said: "I feel like with my career I've had a tremendous amount of success.

I think coming back from my situation, playing four, five tournaments, jumping into the top 10, is extremely successful. It's just a step at a time. I have to force myself to take a step back and say, You're doing great, don't be so hard on yourself.

Just because my level of success is so much higher than what's natural, I have to take these moments and say, You're doing great, encourage myself in a positive way so I can get that success that I want to have since coming back from the baby."

On what beating Victoria Azarenka in Indian Wells meant to her, Serena said: "I definitely see it as a major steppingstone knowing that I can play extremely tough matches and play at that level from literally the first point to the last.

I feel like it was just an incredibly high level. I know I can get better. I think that match against Vika was just incredibly high talent, just highly fought, and we both wanted to win it really bad."
https://www.tennisworldusa.org/tennis/news/Serena_Williams/68408/i-have-had-tremendous-success-in-my-career-says-serena-williams/

·
Registered
8,025 Posts
She's playing like she... *whispers*... decided on a retirement date

:crying2:
Don't say it!! The way she has been smiling and loosened up had me thinking this too though. :hysteric:
There's no way she's not going to Tokyo. Serena is virtually done at the end of this year but Venus actually likes tennis right now. Serena tolerates it because she probably feels like she can still bullshit into a Wimbledon and US Open.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
There's no way she's not going to Tokyo. Serena is virtually done at the end of this year but Venus actually likes tennis right now. Serena tolerates it because she probably feels like she can still bullshit into a Wimbledon and US Open.
I did notice on Vee's website it says highlights of her career include competing at "5 Olympic games (and counting!)". Hopefully it's just her being re-energised by the new coach, the home crowds, and her sick EleVen collection that's inspiring all the joy.

To me Serena does seem to be enjoying herself less and just doggedly going ahead for that 24th (obviously her off court interests have grown, in addition to the many distractions of motherhood). But I also think she just needs one really good run to get her going again. Where she isn't stopped by injury. Or drama. Hopefully it happens in Rome/Paris.

481 - 500 of 534 Posts