Tennis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was Tammy suffering this kind of syndrome?

I did not see the match right on the court. Judgement made based on the final scores would not be accurate.

When would the Thais see her winning at home?

This tournament was a perfect chance for her to get a home title, but she failed to do that.

What do you think, guys?

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Yeah I think Tammy must feel pressure at home considering shes never won Pattaya although shes played quite a few times. She should have beaten Nagyova, who isnt the same as she was a couple of years ago. Shes by far the highest ranked player in the draw so she probably felt pressure to win.
It must be a thing with Thai players, Paradorn also cant stand pressure playing at home. He lost some home Davis Cup matches and also didnt do well in Bangkok Open this year.

·
Registered
7,196 Posts
for me just simple... the opponent just played better..

did you think playing againts host player not a big pressure... can you imagine when almost all the audience cheer for host player?........
both players are in big pressure........... :)
who can deal with it... and prepared well is the winner.. :)

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Theres no pressure if the crowd cheers against you. Other disadvantages to that yes, but i wouldnt call that pressure.
Pressure is when theres a lot of expectation on you from the home crowd, no question thats the case with Tammy and the Thai players.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts