Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
18,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bounce: QF!

More of the same from her first match, pretty angles, gorgeous BHs and such.

Mini choke in the first set combined with Tsveti waking up - *50 to *53 but screwed her head back on to hold.

GL against Peer/Jones, Anna!

Tsveti :hug:

·
Premium Member
182,068 Posts
Anna :woohoo: :cheer: :)
start and ending was just brill :woohoo: :D

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
Continued her good form :hearts:
Two wins over pretty decent opponents, I couldn't be more pleased. Ground game looks super solid. Looking forward to the QF!

·
I'll Hold My Breath
1,436 Posts
So happy for Anna's back to back wins! :)

She was hitting very cleanly (for the most part) and Tsveti just didn't look like she was in it at all. Chak for an 07 repeat! :cheer:

Reactions: Haseo.

·
Banned
48,006 Posts
Come on :woohoo: real test against Peer on Thursday

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yeah Anna! Some really nice hitting (drool at the depth on so many of those rallies) mixed in with a little mental wobble when Pironkova woke up for a bit.

Still, can't help but be impressed by how she's had wobbles this match and the 1r, but steeled herself in time to win the set in question before it got away from her. After so long without match play I think that's quite a pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
chakvetadze's ability to redirect balls down the line (especially on her backhand) is what made her a great player and it seems she has gone back to doing that.

forehand is still a little stiff and serve needs more pop still, but consistent redirecting of balls and pace is good enough to beat the likes of pironkova.

so happy for her, bet she can hardly believe it :inlove:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Congrats, Anna, clearly the better player there! Good luck ahead.:yeah:
Tsveti played awfully, almost never there.:hug:

·
Banned
1,093 Posts
Another disgusting tank. :facepalm:
You Should Know Since the Only time Mattek-Sands can win a Match is when they Tank that example why she don't a have title to her name :p

·
Banned
1,093 Posts
Congrats, Anna Keep it going

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
Amazing!! :D Another good win for Chakky!

I'm always amaze how she can redirect the ball so well and she seems to be able to buy extra time before hitting her strokes where she can see her opponents starting to commit to a side and she just wrong foot them! :) Glad to see her back and performing already

1 - 20 of 83 Posts