Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 135 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
35,929 Posts
The announcer lead Wickmayer right into it. Before she even said a word he started in with "Obviously not a day you wanted or expected but Mona was a tougher player today" I mean really? With the frustration still written on her face? Given that, her response was fine IMO. Had the announcer not prompted it, then yeah I too would see it as not too smooth.

Reactions: benbest

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
SO so so happy for Mona. I hope she can keep having at least the odd big win here and there and hopefully by this time next year she'll be a contender for some bigger titles

·
Registered
14,844 Posts
I knew a clever counterpuncher like Barthel was a bad matchup for someone who has no clue on how to work a point like Wickmayer, but still the score and even the outcome itself are pleasant surprises.

And to think that Barthel, like most other German players, actually had to finish regular highschool before being unleashed full-time on an unsuspecting Tour.

As for Wickmayer, she's just the sort of brainless player that gives bashers a bad name.

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
Dammit. Still a good week for the Legion of Blondes.

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
Disgusting match, disgusting game played by Yanina, disgusting opponent :eek:
Are you related to Yanina or is that how you guys are raised in Belgium?
What a little pouty b*tch Wickmayer is......
Yanina is killing me :lol: Is she 5?
wickmayer is such a bitch, horrible attitude as usual. her opponent just won her 1st wta title and wickmayer barely even looked at her at the net at the end and it was her usual cold handshake.

so happy mona gave her a beatdown.
I'm watching her closely in this trophy presentation and it's hilarious. If looks could kill :eek: OK, you lost a match but this is a final and people are watching ffs.
Yanina during the ceremony :help:

She is so pissed. :lol:
Mona moves really well and changes pace to win points, promising future ahead of this young girl. Wickedmayer is a bitch in every sense of the word and deserves every single loss she gets. Evil's serve has also deteriorated rapidly which bodes well for an early loss in Melbourne :drool:
Yes from now on I will cheer against Yanina no matter who she plays.
Wickmayer was, is and will always be a badass
Yup, I just think people will treat her exactly the way she treats them. Some people just have to fall on their nose before seeing the wider picture.
meanwhile one of the first things mona says is she wishes yanina good luck at AO
Given the experience both players have you would think that it's legitimate that Mona behaves like a 5 year old kid and Yanina should be the established, classy player.
To not even applaud the champion during the ceremony, but instead stand with your arms folded...wow.

Great sportsmanship.
I hope she gets fined. I am waiting for a player to teach her a lesson. Maybe anticipate a nice handshake and then just slap her hand very hard:lol:
Don't know what's worse. Calling Barthel ugly bacause of her skin or calling Wickmayer a vile, evil person without knowing her personally.

This board is just full of jealous, frustrated, bitter people.
another Belgian talking BS:help:
The announcer lead Wickmayer right into it. Before she even said a word he started in with "Obviously not a day you wanted or expected but Mona was a tougher player today" I mean really? With the frustration still written on her face? Given that, her response was fine IMO. Had the announcer not prompted it, then yeah I too would see it as not too smooth.
Well he surely followed the handshake and the way she acted prior to the interview so why would he show any effort to be nice. If I was the interviewer I had asked why she acts like a bitter 5 year old whose candy had been robbed.

Mona:worship: Such a enlightened and mature woman. Sweet and classy interviews. Nice English skills and down-to-earth person:hug:

·
33,016 Posts
This is SO amazing from Mona, knew she would reach this stage at one point in her carrer but already in beggining of 2012 is just amazing sign for the rest of year :hearts: Remember watching her first time in Luxembourg 2010 IIRC and she improved a lot :yeah:

Nina :ras:

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
Enough crap about Mona's appearance. Any more mean-spirited comments and I will lock this thread and issue infractions to the guilty parties.

·
Registered
56,658 Posts
:eek: :bolt:

Absolutely amazing, 6-1 6-2 win over #1 seeded Wickmayer in final! :speakles: :D :bowdown:

Congrats for your first WTA-Title, Mona! :worship:

·
Worshipping the bangs
62,496 Posts
I would have thought it was obvious that disparaging remarks about poster's country of origin were "mean-spirited comments" but I see I was wrong.

We are done here.

Reactions: *JR* and Sammo
121 - 135 of 135 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.