Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
32,010 Posts
Hobart R2: Barthel def. AMG 6-1 6-4

Barthel improving with each match. The jump she made from last year to this year is astonishing. Last year her technique and movement were much sloppier. Now she calmly takes apart a quality pusher.

·
Registered
35,416 Posts
Dramabel:hug:

Congrats to Mona though:yeah:
keep going now!!

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
i bigged mona up in my write up when i saw her in shrewsbury. moves very well for someone her height and has become such a steady ball striker.

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Mona :woohoo:, best win of her career and second quarter-final in a WTA-tournament :).

She seems to be in a very good shape, hopefully she can take this form into the Australian Open, too :drool:

·
Registered
55,047 Posts
I remember last year Mona wouldn't even travel to Australia as she wasn't confident enough to win a match in Melbourne qualies and make the trip worthy :hug:

Too bad Petkovic-Georges-Lisicki-Kerber is a lock for the Olympics as she will likely be in the top 60 when the Olympics cut-off arrives :sad:

·
Registered
32,010 Posts
I remember last year Mona wouldn't even travel to Australia as she wasn't confident enough to win a match in Melbourne qualies and make the trip worthy :hug:

Too bad Petkovic-Georges-Lisicki-Kerber is a lock for the Olympics as she will likely be in the top 60 when the Olympics cut-off arrives :sad:
Depends, when the cut-off is. If Goerges continues to play like that on clay Barthel might have a shot to catch her. I´m almost certain Keber will overtake Goerges and that´s a good thing, cause Kerber is probably the 2nd best German grasscourt player behind Lisicki.

·
Registered
55,047 Posts
Depends, when the cut-off is. If Goerges continues to play like that on clay Barthel might have a shot to catch her. I´m almost certain Keber will overtake Goerges and that´s a good thing, cause Kerber is probably the 2nd best German grasscourt player behind Lisicki.
I don't think Georges will drop out of the top 50 anyway. She did great in Stuttgart and Madrid but had lousy results before that. Bogotá, Acapulco & Monterrey were an absolute fiasco, same as Miami (losing to Oudin in straight sets in 1st round :facepalm:). She seems to have these streaks of bad results but it doesn't seem likely to have a 6 months slump :tape:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts