Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope they all play!

·
Registered
21,802 Posts
;) of course.

Well, hell, let's all hope that 99% of us have the tennis channel so we can SEE IT. :mad:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
7,996 Posts
hmm...I think the outcome of a match like this could be heavily dependent on the surface....hard court adv to USA, clay adv to Belgium...Grass or Indoors will be about even footing for both

·
Registered
39 Posts
5-0 in favour of Americans

Rtael said:
hmm...I think the outcome of a match like this could be heavily dependent on the surface....hard court adv to USA, clay adv to Belgium...Grass or Indoors will be about even footing for both

I predict a 5-0 in favour of the Americans. By the way all in straight sets.

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
It would be great to see the Williams Sisters versus Clijsters and Henin-Hardenne in doubles.

The world no. 1&3 vs. the world no. 2&4 in one match! :D
(Has this ever happened before though in history where the top four players fought in doubles? And I'm not talking about like the AO doubles final this year,lol. )

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
im sure Venus will be number two again ;)

but anyways.....clay adv to Belgium? maybe they have a better chance on clay, but the US has TWO RG finalists, and they are both pretty good clay courters.

i think the US would win 5-0 too....

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Hmm..an all-Belgian final sounds better.

·
Registered
47,513 Posts
USA vs Belgium that would be a hell of tie!! USA is almost assured to reach it( Italy doesn't stand a chance, even without the sisters.) Belgium has a more difficult task: Slovakia! If Clijsters doesn't play, it could be trouble for Belgium against Slovakia!

In any case the top 4 against each other....I think the U.S. would be heavily favored to win on any surface, but clay at least gives Belgium a chance to not being swept.

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
Rtael said:
IF HELD IN USA:
Hard: HUUUUUUGE adv. to USA
Grass: Not going to happen, so why bother?
Indoors: Slight Ad. to USA (because they are the sisters, and while Clijsters rocks indoors, Juju sucks badly on it)
Clay: Even (Kim and Juju rock on it, and the sisters hate it, but they are still the sisters:eek: )

IF HELD IN BELGIUM:
Hard: Still huge ad. to USA
Indoors: Even (the belgian crowd will push Kim to beat both of them, then to have the Belgian doubles squad take the thing home)
Clay: Small ad. to Belgians (crowd + clay=big chance for Kim and Juju to win. Okay not big, but biggest:eek: )

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
Russia is winning it all anyway...

Vee already proved she can't beat Bovina in this type of format... and Russia, in general, just rules... so they're winning. Thanks. :)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
yeah Russia actually have a great chance too with Bovina and dementieva - I think the Belgians would beat the sisters in a fed cup doubles match

·
Registered
18,419 Posts
That will be one hell of a tie if USA plays Belgium in July.

If they play on clay Belgium has a very good chance of winning.

If they put Justine against Serena since Justine is not even close to being mentally overwhelmed by Serena

And Kim will play Venus.

The only probably is with the switch when Justine has to play Venus and Kim and Serena. This is where the sisters will probably win but even then Justine's capabilities on clay is about better than Venus's so I wouldn't be suprised if Justine defeats Venus, too!

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
i would be surpised if Justine beats Serena....

and i would be surprised if Justine beat Venus....

dont ask me why :eek:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts