Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
I don't think Buz has won 3 matches in a tournament since.... last year. She's definitely on the upswing. Let's see how long it lasts!

·
Registered
87,523 Posts
Always great to see Mihi win :cheer: makes it even sweeter to win against this one...:cheer:

Reactions: Eyjafjallajokull

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't think Buz has won 3 matches in a tournament since.... last year. She's definitely on the upswing. Let's see how long it lasts!
It's indeed the first time this year Buzarnescu has won 3 matches in a row.

It's strange to see such a few interest around her, knowing how much consideration she gained last year before her injury. Her recovery has really been pretty long and difficult and I actually don't know if she will be able to reach again the highs of 2018 but this tournament could be a turning point of her season.
Draw is really favorable right now and I hope she can take advantage of it to boost her confidence :rocker2:

·
Registered
44,872 Posts
Yesss! :inlove: There have been a few times this season when I felt like she was on the verge of a good run, but went on to lose matches from really good positions (esp Ferro in Lausanne, who went on to take the title). So glad to finally see her make that breakthrough and get a fairly big win as we’ll :D Hopefully she can carry this momentum on tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Doc Buz success this week probably due to the WTA having 3 events this week. The depth in the Hiroshima field is not great.
Doc Buz should have played at some smaller events several times this year to get her ranking and confidence up.
Buz's more controlled groundies overcame the power of AVU.
-
Handshake / Animated discussion as shown in the fist thread.

After the match was over the highly emotional Doc Buz and the fiery redhead AVU got into a long, 2 or 3 min, animated discussion at AVU's bench.
The Chair got involved, the event supervisor got involved.
No punches were thrown.
The discussion, initiated by Buz at the handshake, apparently was about a close line call that went against AVU. Buz followed AVU to her bench and the long discussion ensued. Apparently Buz was saying the ball was really out and AVU wasn't buying that.
-
Doc Buz has adopted the "Double Bun of Death" hairdo from Sakkari.

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,495 Posts
So happy for Miki it’s been a long road this year trying to build any kind of momentum - she’s had a number of close losses from winning positions so this week is especially rewarding!

Gets herself back up to around 100 in the rankings with this win and has nothing to defend for quite some time, hopefully the start of more things good to come ?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
The discussion wasn't 'in a bad mode' to me, it was quite friendly. Even if it was obvious that the Belgian player wasn't happy at all.

There isn't much passion for tennis in Japan, right?

·
Registered
13,303 Posts
About time for Mihaela :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts