Tennis Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,198 Posts
indeed, it was very strange so served so much to the T, but I must say it's her most succesful side

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
it has to do with Jennifer's ball toss i think - it's so way out to the right.

She would almost serve wide in the deuce court and down the T on the ad court...although she did blast an ace wide on the ad court to prove her wrong...:p

i was surprised Kim didn't pick that up on the ad court...

·
Registered
16,198 Posts
she did pick that up, didn't you notice how many times she already moved to the middle of the court when Jenn was tossing the ball?

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
but i felt Kimmy was still caught out coz she could barely get them back on several occasions, that slice was really moving away from Kim...

·
R.I.P. Thank you!
25,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bet you you're dead on right about the ball toss being behind it Gorecki:) So, IF I were Smartina, I'd send a message to Capriati by smacking some forehands early and see if double faults come my way. Hingis has to know Capriati will break her at least a few times-so the key may well be Capriati's serve. I'm looking forward to a good final.

·
Banned
692 Posts
Ive got a good hint for Martina (Ssshhhh Martina its a secret....'''....Go for the hip hehehehhe.....'''''.....)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
20,610 Posts
Capriati's serve is very predictable. The ball toss is always to the right and the result is a lot of slice in the serve. This is very true on the second serve especially. But it appears that Capriati can serve flat sometimes as well, so Martina should not think the all the serves will go a certain way, cause it won't. Even though Capriati's serve may be predictable, it is not really attackable due to the depth and pace. So I guess Martina can attempt to make deep good returns and continue from there :)

·
Registered
15,249 Posts
yeah but jen would probably be adding the slice for safety on her second serve and not putting it out flat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts