Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am missing all those threads where fans of Hingis were claiming that Hingis was/is a better player than Justine. Before the return of Hingis I read several times that only on clay a Justine with her A-game would be able to compete with a Hingis playing her A-game. Since the return of Hingis we saw that Justine is simply a better version of Hingis. She is a lot more athletic and powerful. It doesn't matter where they meet, Justine is always the favorite. It didn't surprise me one bit. I always was convinced that Justine was better than Hingis, eg. Justine serves 30 km per hour faster than Hingis.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Oh go away.

·
Registered
7,413 Posts
I just got up this morning, can you hold up on the shit stirring until later in the afternoon?

·
Registered
5,927 Posts
I think if both girls went at it in each of their respective peaks, Juju would come out the victor more often. With that said I think the difference between them isn't that big. On any given day I could see Hingis beating Juju in straights. I look forward to watching them play, not sure who I'll be rooting for on this one.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
I don't get why they're compared so often. :confused: They have very different games. Sure, they're both below average height for a tennis player and have both compensated with beautiful technique but their games beyond that are totally different.

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
there games are not remotely similar. Hingis a far more intelligent player, Justine has more power and flashier strokes.

the only reason people try to draw similarities is because Justine is a simila stature to Hingis taking on the big girls

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
saki said:
I don't get why they're compared so often. :confused: They have very different games. Sure, they're both below average height for a tennis player and have both compensated with beautiful technique but their games beyond that are totally different.

I never got that either- they play so differently. The two-hander vs one hander?

Myskina and Chanda Rubin to me have always been the players that I compare with Hingis.

·
Registered
23,559 Posts
Hingis vs Justine is a possible QF wimbledon

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
30,466 Posts
switz said:
there games are not remotely similar. Hingis a far more intelligent player, Justine has more power and flashier strokes.

the only reason people try to draw similarities is because Justine is a simila stature to Hingis taking on the big girls
Spot on :yeah:

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
azmad_88 said:
Hingis vs Justine is a possible QF wimbledon
I hope they both get there, despite Justines extra power I think Hingis has a great chance on this surface! It could be a great match in any case!

·
Banned
6,444 Posts
It will all be determined by the service game.

·
Registered
20,122 Posts
I'm rooting for Chucky all the way in this!

·
Crazy Conspiracy Theorist, Politically Incorrect
32,385 Posts
LoveFifteen said:
Me, too!!! Allez, Chucky!!! :bounce:
Ban the word " allez " of your dictionnary, pls. :help:

Reactions: ViennaCalling

·
Crazy Conspiracy Theorist, Politically Incorrect
32,385 Posts
thrust said:
Hingis is a very intelligent player but to say her game is far more intelligent than Justine^s is silly!
It isn't silly, it just is the plain truth. And JHH will never have the glance Martina has and will 4-ever have.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Martina has got to be a little irked that she now has the possiblity to face the 2 Belgians in 3/4 slams so far.

Either way...Marti will have a chance to win a comeback slam, or Justine completes HER grand slam. Sigh....why oh why :-(

·
Registered
959 Posts
Martina.. Martina.. jeje!! I just hope for a great match.. is not like Martina is so far intelligent than JHH.. but sure they play and think different.. so.. yeah! Justine gets more power.. so Martina contrarest it with smart shots.. so.. interesting.. In a good day I can see Martina beating Justine..

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
switz said:

Lol far more intelligent player. Than Hingis is on a lonely level cause to me Justine is also a véry intelligent player.

I always compared the two, cause they both have great technique, Hingis is better in this department yes, but I think this is also cause Justine is stronger, she can combine the two.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts