Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Love the Legends of Tennis
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you are interested in seeing recent 2002 Doubles matches that Hingis & Kournikova have played, check out this website:

http://homepage.mac.com/tennisvideos/

Click on "Tennis Videos 2" at the top of the page for 2002 matches.

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
:wavey: tennisvideos

have you thought to converting tennis tapes to the CD or DVD format?

or could you do so on a request basis?

·
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Goreki

At this stage I don't have a DVD or CD Video recorder. They are still way too expensive here - about $3000! And blank discs are $40 each! So it's too expensive for me and for people to trade with. I think sometime later this year it will be more affordable for me.

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
:wavey:

I see...yes i suppose the DVD recording technology is relatively new for the mainstream market...hopefully the price will be significantly reduced real soon.

Thanks for replying!

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
Out of interest, how much do you charge for the videos? Obviously, it would depend on the videos but could you give me a rough idea?

There are lots that I'd like, but I'm only a poor student. ;)

·
Adrenaline junkie
23,053 Posts
I am trying to do something to convert my tapes. The problem is basically finding a decent VHS capture device. I tried AverMedia USB capturer, but it has numerous problems - couldn't recognize my sound card properly, also it captures video and audio with wrong synchronizations. SO the problem is that first you need to capture it all to the harddisk, then you need to synchronize sound and video with some special programs, cut out all commercials, then you have to generate MPEG1 ( for VCD ) or MPEG2 for SVCD using some software programs ( like tmpgenc and this takes about 10+ hours for a 2h match), and finally write to one or mode CD media. Overall, so far it is too time-demanding process. As soon as I find a decently priced device that can directly generate MPEG1 or MPEG2 of acceptable quality it will be much easier. Eventually I am going to do it anyway. If anyone has any good experience with this kind of processing, I'd love to hear from you..

·
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree YS, I will be waiting for simple and more cost effective way of transferring video tapes to DVD. Just too expensive at the moment, but I think within the next year the costs will fall considerably.

SK if you want to know details about how to get tapes just send me an email me at:

[email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts