Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From USA Today, Feb. 25, 2002
Martina Hingis lost the Australian Open tennis final but left Melbourne with a new boyfriend, pro gofer Sergio Garcia. The Spaniard introduced himself to Hingis, 21, at the tournament. After winning the Pan Pacific title in Japan, Hingis flew to Spain to visit Garcia, 22, at his home. She then went to the Accenture Match Play Championship at Carlsbad, Calif., where Garcia lost Friday. Garcia,who travels with a tennis racket, plans to go with Hingis to next month's Pacific Life tournament at Indian Wells, Calif. --Angrea Leand :hearts:

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
I think for a young beautiful woman like Martina to have a few different boyfriends a year is just fine. calling her a slut is very sexist and judgmental. Martina is looking for love and she has spoken about the difficulty of finding a man who can deal with her star status. She is not the first famous woman who has faced this issue. And as long as they are two consenting adults what gives you the right to call people a slut? The word slut is just another way of trying to control a woman's sexuality but if a man has lots of partners he is praised as being a stud or ladiesman. What bullshit!

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Scoop: Boy! We'd all like to have a pro Gofer...Go fer this and Go fer that.....but we know what you mean!!:rolleyes: Now I must take Scotso to task for that rather "tacky" remark about Martina having so many boyfriends...I think rather a normal conduct for a 21 year old beautiful healthly girl...jealous????:confused: Anyway you sound like a "sick" individual to me...seems you have a posterier fettish with that awful poem you included in your post:eek:

barmaid:wavey:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
So did she just forget about Chris? During the Aussie Open she was so in love with him, I'm sorry but I agree with Scotso.

·
Premium Member
27,114 Posts
Wow Scotso and selesfan, you guys are harsh :eek:

IMHO Martina's just living her life and she should do what makes her happy :).

·
Registered
25,494 Posts
Kart: you are right but I hope that her ex-boy friends are happy as well ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
since when do player's private lives became any of your business, let alone call them sluts. geez, too much prejudice going on in this board...

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Good point Kart Some men can only take so much.. I mean for all we know Hingisova could be "hell on wheels". Or maybe she gets too clingy.. sometimes that will happen when your looking for love. Or maybe Hingisova gets bored with her boyfriends so easily.. maybe she is just having fun.. enjoying a new man every 6 months to a year.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Becca I almost did get it in 2000 US Open but security was so tight. :) Actually Hingisova and I are not that tight.. which is why I said "MAYBE"... she could have or have not felt that way. Nobody knows for sure one way or another. I mean how do you know that my opinions are not correct? Are you tight with her?:)

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
:eek:Just saw how many used the word tight in a paragrapgh.. Becca I really find no fault in Hingis and Sergio.. whatever she wants to do .. is fine. It is her life and as long as she's happy that is all that matters. Hingis is 21 years old and if she chooses to relax and enjoy dating then so be it.:)

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Okay Becca I thought you thought I was being a rude.. I mean I was 21 and believe you me..I was "hell on wheels" once. Infact my reply was from my own personal experience.. lol

Smilie at Becca:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts