Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never post topics but I just can't help it today.

Some of you really need to lighten up and/or get a life. Get some fresh air. Breathe it in.

Better yet, turn off the computer and go for a walk. Do something...

Why do you all take losses so personally? Why fling insults at someone you cannot see? It is pathetic beyond belief, but at the same time highly amusing. Idiocy has no bounds it seems...

At the end of the day these girls are walking away with more money than we will probably ever see. Don't feel too bad for them...

·
Premium Member
19,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Disappointed? Hell yes. (I'm disappointed she lost too)

But reading some comments, where some people have described this as the worst day of their lives etc, was rather amusing.

It's not only the loss. I'm also talking about the things people argue about on here...at least if you're going to argue, make it interesting at least :)

·
Registered
558 Posts
Nicely said TS....I have told board members several times to go outside and play tennis and get away from their computer ("Gee...I just posted my 5000th post!!").

It is fun to get into the match though...if you're a diehard fan like I am, you just can't help it!

·
Banned
3,883 Posts
This is probably one of the most constructive threads to be published in General Messages that I have seen.

·
Premium Member
19,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well of course we're addicted (to the sport, the boards etc). I'm not disputing that....hell I've got 6,000 posts for crying out loud! But that's not what I was alluding to...anyway, at least some of us behave like there are more important things to say, and do. Fan rivalries on this board are shocking in their immaturity and overall dullness.

I guess my advice for those that take losses badly is....just follow players that suck :cool:

·
Chionophile
40,193 Posts
I've found that hurling insults on message boards are FUN! lol!

I went out today to watch Finding Nemo and went out to a fine restaurant and went for a few drinks with friends, so yeah I'm still pretty normal and enjoying life. :lol:

To be honest, this is my playground during the work week, when I'm REALLY bored at work. :cool:

·
Registered
31,563 Posts
Princess Fiona said:
Fresh air? :scratch: What's thaaaat? :confused: OMG, you just said... Turn off the computer?!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ;)

:wavey: Terry... :worship: :)
:lol:

·
Read Only
15,328 Posts
I guess that there are those without the necssary communication skills (or perhaps, friends, which is a consequence of that) to venture into the real world and talk about emotive things with, like, real people with real names.

Hence for them the best way to deal with the loss of one of their favourites is to get online and hurl unprovoked irrational tirades at those people who like the player that just beat them, backed up by a few sweeping statements and several of these: :mad:

If Jen is your favourite player (like me); here is a cut out and keep guide to things you can do to recover the day after she next suffers a mental meltdown against a player ranked higher than her (i.e. next time she plays one):

Take a Valium before you go to bed. Try two: the more, the better!

Take the dog for a walk.

Listen to 'Live Through This' by Hole very loud and sing along. Its therapeutic, and if your neighbour is a Henin fan, odds are it'll annoy them.

Get very drunk and attempt to pull. Sex puts everything into perpective. Ditto alcohol, so if you fail, at least you're drunk.

Remind yourself that the same thing has been happening all year, so you should hardly be surprised about it, much less depressed.

Smile. There's a new tournament starting on Monday.

:)

·
Senior Member,
1,825 Posts
TS said:
Disappointed? Hell yes. (I'm disappointed she lost too)

But reading some comments, where some people have described this as the worst day of their lives etc, was rather amusing.

It's not only the loss. I'm also talking about the things people argue about on here...at least if you're going to argue, make it interesting at least :)

I always think that over-the-top comments like the 'worst day of my life' one are indicative of the age of the poster; surely only somebody very young would think like that? I know I used to back in the Seventies when I first became heavily interested in tennis, before you get the sense of perspective that age brings...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.