Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I'm another one of those people who have been reading this and the now defunct Sanex board for ages. My new year's resolution was to stop observing and start participating. (...and no, I am not some bitter old poster who has assumed a new name!!);)

I originally thought of registering in mid 2000 when I came across the "going home alone thread", which I thought was awesome (whatever happened to Denise M?), but ended up not being bothered.

Since the retirement of Chris Evert and Hana Mandlikova, I have no real favorites. In fact, my opinion on the current crop of players shifts greatly. (It's every gay man's perogative to be fickle!), and I guess Seles is my favorite of the active players (though if I could play like anyone, it would be Hingis. I think she has a beautiful game, though I find her a little annoying;) )

My favorite tennis threads are the "greatest of all time" threads not necessarily that I care who is the best, but for the Zummi/Philbo (Czechfan?:angel: )/Disposeable Hero vs Way debates- trust me compared to the GoTennis board, it's tame here!

The BEST thread of all time was on the old Sanex board which said something like "Vent Here. Tell the players you hate what you really think!". I bear no ill will to anyone, but that was one funny thread!

It's my first post and I'm already rambling (no way near as interesting as the new poster who declared "I'm new. Show me the respect and adulation that I deserve!" from a few weeks ago).

I might just finish by saying tha Becca is my absolute favorite poster. I think her posts are insightful, fair, funny, and she is not blindingly biased towards anyone.

I am sure that Bulgar is lovely in person, but I find him very full on, and maybe a little disturbing....;)

·
Mean Admin Machine, Admeanistrator
36,597 Posts
welcome aboard!

:wavey:

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Welcome!

Hey ball change pls welcome aboard!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·