Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to give you a shoutout!!!!!!!!! :wavey:

Reactions: Osssge

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
Mase said:
Wanted to give you a shoutout!!!!!!!!! :wavey:
hey mase! what's up? quick question though...and explain it to me as if i were a 6 year old...what on G-d's great earth are you shouting about? ;)

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A shout out is when someone wants to say Hey, Definition time-- SHOUTOUT= Hello, Whats up, or something of that nature. Its more of a street slang type word.

YOU like that 6 yr old explanation huh? LOL Im doing alright, at work wishing I was at home watching the French. I may roll out in a few to do that actually! Hows your day going?!?!

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
Mase said:
A shout out is when someone wants to say Hey, Definition time-- SHOUTOUT= Hello, Whats up, or something of that nature. Its more of a street slang type word.

YOU like that 6 yr old explanation huh? LOL Im doing alright, at work wishing I was at home watching the French. I may roll out in a few to do that actually! Hows your day going?!?!
the only thing missing from that 6 year old explanation was a pop-up book. :)

day's going well, can't complain. if you're a williams fan i'm sure you're happy about the win.

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually saw the whole match, Venus was way to off though...... but thats a sign of great player to pull it off! Im actulayy going to head out of here and go home to watch the Open

Im such a slacker!!! HEHEHEHE! Hope I'll talk to you later DD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
Mase said:
I actually saw the whole match, Venus was way to off though...... but thats a sign of great player to pull it off! Im actulayy going to head out of here and go home to watch the Open

Im such a slacker!!! HEHEHEHE! Hope I'll talk to you later DD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a slacker huh? then there's absolutely no reason for you to use that deodorant you were talking about in the other thread. that heavy duty product you mentioned is only for hard workers. :)

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
arwenita said:
Hello Deuce! What's up in the labaratory?
not working now, arwenita. actually did all my work this morning and am home now. how are you? i'm glad you've completed classes. are you just heading into your masters work now? if you're planning to do a fudd later on, try to get in some doctoral classes while you're working on your masters. that way, you'll have time later on to write and research your dissertation. :) :wavey:

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do work hard, its not easy to look as good as I do :eek: :eek:

Hahahaha, had to go there, WIDE OPEN!!! :)

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
arwenita said:
Home and comfy :) Well, I'll be applying the MA's in Istanbul by July and if accepted, I will try to take some doctoral classes, of course. But the problem is, I want a literatur Ph. D. right now. We'll see.

Right now, I have a thesis conclusion to write - a phil. final to take and a criticism paper to write :eek: But I have time enough - I am not worried. What did you study at uni, btw?
cool...chemical engineering and political science. what are you hoping to do? teach lit at the uni level? sounds like you still have a few things to do. what's the thesis conc about?

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
arwenita said:
Wow!! U scientific lady! My roommate studies chemistry, too and she's having a hard time :sad:

And political science :) Cool. If my maths was good, I could go in for social sciences, esp political sciences :) I wish I could study phil. as a minor though... Hope for the masters.

My thesis is a graduation thesis. The topic I chose was mainly Death and the influences of materialism, and consumerism on the concept of death in today's people. I picked 3 authors: Will Self, Pynchon and DeLillo. So I have to write a conclusion now to tie up my argument :)
there is a very good book that discusses materialism, consumerism and its relationship to the current state of affairs in the world. it looks at these topics from an almost neo-lithic point of view. the whole asset timeline from bartering to today's market trades is taken into consideration. the name of the book is 'the poverty of the nations' and i could be wrong but i believe the author is sulk. various ideas/ideologies on death are derived from how each progressive nation's wealth has either peaked or plummeted. might be a good look-see for you. :)

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
arwenita said:
Wish I talked to you earlier :sad: Cuz I have already written the thesis - 3 chapter. Oh well, but I'll try to find the book to see how close I got to that author ;) Thanks!
you're most welcome. i know you'll do well, arwenita. :) :wavey:

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I came back in earlier too and it was toooooooo deep for me, hahahaa. Im watching Jenny play as well, got home pretty quickly, getting to see the majority of the match! What kind of work do you do Deuce???

·
Banned
13,390 Posts
Mase said:
I came back in earlier too and it was toooooooo deep for me, hahahaa. Im watching Jenny play as well, got home pretty quickly, getting to see the majority of the match! What kind of work do you do Deuce???
forget about me mase...lol. the question is, what kind of work do YOU do that you can leave in the afternoon to watch a tennis match? huh? :D

1 - 20 of 111 Posts