Tennis Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who is more popular in YUGOSLAVIA?? Monica or Jelena??
I'm just curios that's all

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
i'm not Dado, but i was also born in Yugoslavia :)

when i lived in Yugoslavia Jelena didn't play as pro, Monica was very popular on the beginig of her career. Everyone loved her. She was chosen as sportswoman of the year. But then i moved to the Czech republic so i don't know who is more popular altough i'm still visiting Yugoslavia and Croatia ... I guess it's Jelena, she change her nationality back to Yugoslavian and people like that, she was in Belgrade at the and of last year. I think she's more popular at the moment, but i'm sure there is many people who likes Monica very much.

I think popularity is not the most important thing. Jelena and Monica probably don't care who of them is more popular in their home-country.

:)

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you Zlatko seles

:D it doesn't matter who is more popular , I was just wondering that's all

·
Registered
610 Posts
Jelena is more popular. She turn back to play for Yugoslavia and we just love her and we're very proud to have a girl like she is!
Monica is popular too. Before few years she was the darling of us. We very like and love her. She was the best, young and sweet. Just a girl of us.
When she moved to play for USA, many dislike her. Not because she plays for the States right now, more they're a little bit worry that she splits up any contacts with yugoslavia.
But she's still always in our heart. We don't forget that she helped our children in the war-times and that she was proud to be a yugoslavian girl, when the world was against us.
In the French Open Final '91 she won and don't going away from the court, before the organisators showed the yugoslav-flag

We love both of them. I think many serbs see Jelena as the "New Monica". Me too, I'm more fan of Monica then of Jeca, but when Moni is going , JECA WILL TAKE MY HEART!!!

MONICA AND JECA, YUGOSLAVIA LOVE YOU!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts