Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from Yahoo:
===========
As Jennifer Capriati put it: ``Whoever's going to take this title, there's going to be an asterisk next to it, saying, 'Oh, but the Williams sisters weren't here.'''
===========

Hey, seems like even the players seem to be aware of the real truth. :)

TR :cool:

·
Banned
1,830 Posts
Why didn't u call her Crapriati ? Oh yes because for once she said something you wanted to hear ? ;)

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Haven't we been through this already?:rolleyes:

·
In my new place!!
22,955 Posts
But she also went on to say that also in 5-10ys people 'arent going to remember that they werent there' and as Johnny Mac said 'Whoever wins, there name is going to be on the trophy no matter what.' And really, thats all that matters......

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Diya, I have been threatened not to call Jenn by her true name or I will be thrashed. LOL

But, YOU may continue to do so if you wish. :)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Jennifer is right, unfortunately, but who cares, the winner will still get a GS title, ranking points and a whole lot of money, and if its Jenn thats wins, (PLEEZ) then it turns 3 into 4...!!

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This slam may end up as being the only slam not attended by both of the WILLIAMS while they were both on the tour.

Truly worthy of a well earned asterisk. LOL :)

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
And it may be the first of 25 Slams in a row won by Maria Sharapova.

Ifs, butt, maybes, coulda, woulda, and shouldas don't mean much.

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
"As time goes on, you just evolve in different ways as a player," said CAPRIATI. "Maybe I'm a little bit different player now. Maybe I'm more aggressive. I think I'm serving better than I was back then. It's different. It's how the game is going, how you have to play the game, the players that are in it. That's just kind of how you adapt your game. And maybe experience. I think I'm almost playing better now."

Despite the favorable situation, CAPRIATI is trying not to build her hopes too high for winning the Open.

"It would be great but it's not the thing that's going to make me or break me," she said. "It would be wonderful just to win a Grand Slam in your home country - any Grand Slam for that matter. If I could get one more, that would be great but I'm not going to emphasize my whole career, my whole life, on whether I win or not."

And what about that asterisk if she does manage to win.

"No one's going to remember 10 years from now, that's for sure."

·
Banned
191 Posts
Wow, not only is TeeRexx racist and idiotic, he is redundant too. How many negative qualities would he like to show? We'll find out...

Reactions: Brαm

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
LOL @ Rex - hey Capriati said it, not you, but 10 years from now noone will remember they werent there!!!

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That shows how dumb Jenn and some of her idotic fans may be. 10 years from now this Open will be on the internet and many in the media will still be speaking of the WILLIAMS-less Open. :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts