Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kim plays because she enjoys it and Justine plays becasue she wants to be the best.

It's no more than that. I bet Justine spends a hel lof lot more time on training and that stuff.

·
Registered
10,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so leave Kim alone and let her have her good time on court :)

·
Registered
20,829 Posts
it might also be passive failure fear with kim otherwise she would not get nervous on important points in every important match when it was for fun she would not even think about it, but by saying I don't care she has a good excuse beforehand

just an idea;)

·
Registered
10,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
irma said:
but I still don't understand how a coach can agree with it :rolleyes:
lei has something to do with this mentality I think

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
Can't agree with this ... if you are a topplayer you play because you wonna win!

Maybe winning is more important for Justine than Kim but Kim wants to win lol no doubt about it;)

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
Winning is the name of the game. If Kim only plays for the fun, she should have stayed an amateur then! The clijsters-can is always full of excuses and stuff.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Kim didn't look too pleased after losing that match. You can see how dissappointed she was.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Saying "I want to win." and executing it are two different things. Everyone who has failed at something probably thinks they really wanted it. But, when you analyze the situation objectively, you have to admit, "I messed up there, there, and there." or "I didn't have the tools to reach this goal."

In just about every tennis player's face I've ever studied during a match, I can see emotion. I can't read a thing in Kim's face in these tight moments - no fear, no anger, no desire, no grit/determination. In Kim's first major final against Jennifer, she took Jennifer to the very limit. But, Jennifer got that look in her eye and she took what she wanted. I have never seen Kim dig her heels in and take an elite player to the wire.

So, maybe it's just not in her nature. It's strange to comprehend that a person at that high a level of her profession could not be driven to win a major. But, it is possible. She wasn't all smiles after this latest loss and she got pretty angry during the San Diego loss. So, maybe she's finally getting hungry. I'm becoming more and more intrigued by the Kim Question.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
Where on earth do you people get the idea that Kim only plays for fun. Do you watch her play closely? How many times does she pump her fist when she makes an incredible shot. She always has the air of someone who really wants to win IMO.
Kim was just outplayed on the day. She was so dissapointed at the end of the final match. So does Venus only play for fun coz she has lost five straight finals to Serena, I think not.

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
tennnisfannn said:
Where on earth do you people get the idea that Kim only plays for fun. Do you watch her play closely? How many times does she pump her fist when she makes an incredible shot. She always has the air of someone who really wants to win IMO.
Kim was just outplayed on the day. She was so dissapointed at the end of the final match. So does Venus only play for fun coz she has lost five straight finals to Serena, I think not.
It´s her own coach who said this! I for one don´t buy it!

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I think she plays more than "for fun"

but she sure doesn't have that eye of the tiger look that serena and justine and early-career hingis and steffi and monica have/had.

she didn't look like she was going after the title, rather than hoping it would come to her...

i was disappointed. I thought she would take this title. she was far more rested, far more fresh than justine. she had ALL the motivation... and she looked flat to me..

·
Registered
34,055 Posts
Well to tell the truth, I think a player as Conchita or Martina N can play for fun, but even them have a competitive sense that makes them do their best...I'm sure it's the same with Kim, sure she's not as competitive as others, but I don't think she's just playing for fun.....

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,887 Posts
Yeah to me "playing for fun" and "choking" don't go hand in hand. I mean if u are playing for fun you do not have pressure so why would you choke or be extremely tight and not play your game?

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
And I'd like to add, that it's not because you say you play for fun, that you deeply inside don't want to win. Justine wants probably that 1st spot more than Clijsters, but how can we know what Kim thinks ? Maybe, she doesn't express her feelings as Justine does !

And it's very easy to say that's the main reason she lost. If that's the only way you found to consolate yourself, then you must be very desperate.
Kim did want to win a Slam, but she couldn't. Don't you think she's a bit fed up of the people who say she's an undeserving number 1 ? She wanted to prove them wrong !
Kim's reactions after some of her matches against Justine were the proof she really wants to wins.

·
Registered
47,657 Posts
Rocketta said:
Yeah to me "playing for fun" and "choking" don't go hand in hand. I mean if u are playing for fun you do not have pressure so why would you choke or be extremely tight and not play your game?
Word! You should more free and relaxed if you´re really playing for fun.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.