Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interview with Justine talking about giving up the game and how she has shut tennis out etc. Thing is though, when u read it, u get the feeling she might just do a Clijsters at some point. I certainly got that feeling. That would be AMAZING!!!!

It's on the blog if you fancy a read.

Come back Justine!!!

·
Registered
25,390 Posts
what a wastage of talent, she could have won at least 2-3 more slams, to complete a beautiful figure of 10 :sad:

·
Premium Member
28,050 Posts
Although she has retired I think her attitude towards tennis has been a little negative and she talks about it in a really dissmissive way like she is trying to forget she ever played. I think she could talk about the game with a little less contempt than she is currently.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
wow how many more interviews do we need to have justine? we get it, you hated tennis, and now you're retired so go away!

Reactions: Ksenia.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
yup, sounds like she's trying really hard to convince herself she made the right decision and is shutting out everything tennis related because she's afraid she'll have a fit of nostalgia and end up missing it badly... it's a defense mechanism. Similar to when Dokic says she's confident she's had it worse than any other woman on the tour. Keep telling yourself and the world that and you might just end up believing it.

·
Banned
5,480 Posts
what a wastage of talent, she could have won at least 2-3 more slams, to complete a beautiful figure of 10 :sad:
Justine is finally living up to her potential. She's finally happy and an additional 2-3 GS will not help her achieve this goal.

yup, sounds like she's trying really hard to convince herself she made the right decision and is shutting out everything tennis related because she's afraid she'll have a fit of nostalgia and end up missing it badly... it's a defense mechanism. Similar to when Dokic says she's confident she's had it worse than any other woman on the tour. Keep telling yourself and the world that and you might just end up believing it.
she make comments about how she gives up tennis because reporters keep asking her. It's not like she talks to herself all day saying, "I made the right decision. I made the right decision...etc"

Her mother died of cancer. Her family was estranged from her. She was forced to seek a committed loveless relationship with a gay man. Now she's back with her family and free. I am so glad for her. To be in complete control of her life is bigger than a grand slam. :worship:

Anyone who doesn't understand this is obviously not mature enough, but that's completely understandable considering 98% of the world are idiots and this forum is predominantly William fans. :angel:

·
The Comeback Begins - January 2010.
8,475 Posts
When she mentions that she doesn't even watch tennis now, this tells you either one...

1) The state of WTA is crap right now.
2) She's not coming back :sad:

·
Registered
25,390 Posts
is her ex-hubby really gay? or you are just joking? :confused::wavey:

by the way, fair analysis of her situation :worship:

Justine is finally living up to her potential. She's finally happy and an additional 2-3 GS will not help her achieve this goal.

she make comments about how she gives up tennis because reporters keep asking her. It's not like she talks to herself all day saying, "I made the right decision. I made the right decision...etc"

Her mother died of cancer. Her family was estranged from her. She was forced to seek a committed loveless relationship with a gay man. Now she's back with her family and free. I am so glad for her. To be in complete control of her life is bigger than a grand slam. :worship:

Anyone who doesn't understand this is obviously not mature enough, but that's completely understandable considering 98% of the world are idiots and this forum is predominantly William fans. :angel:

·
Registered
4,148 Posts

·
Registered
4,642 Posts
i doubt very much that the international media is beating down her door every other day to give an interview on what she is and isn't doing.

·
Registered
8,687 Posts
Although she has retired I think her attitude towards tennis has been a little negative and she talks about it in a really dissmissive way like she is trying to forget she ever played. I think she could talk about the game with a little less contempt than she is currently.
wow how many more interviews do we need to have justine? we get it, you hated tennis, and now you're retired so go away!
:yeah:

·
Isha > Your fave
26,632 Posts
No wonder. She wants to put all the cheating and dishonesty behind her. Tennis will remind her of it.

:yeah: For trying to start a new lie-free life

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
i truely find it hard to believe she has totaly lost the passion for tennis, i don't mean coming back but to not even follow the sport now or take any intrest in it.

i know i would never completely give up tennis from my life, i love helping others get involved in tennis and following tennis, i would think or hope every professional is the same.

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
How else can anyone interview Justine and not ask her about tennis, it is kinda like asking agassi/sampras, hell even mcEnroe people who retired generations agao and not mention tennis. Tennis is what defined them , Justine is known for her tennis not anything ese.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Kim said the same. ;)
And btw, Justine is busy with tennis with her academies, she visites the youngsters overthere regularly.
It's normal to take one's distance from following the WTA.

·
Registered
6,914 Posts
OK Justine, we get it: you don't like tennis any more. Why does she feel the need to remind us of this fact every week? :shrug: :yawn:

1 - 20 of 91 Posts