Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
17,762 Posts
Re: Henin :"Envy is not coming back, I don't miss tennis" OUCH

if i say nice things about masha will you translate to english?

·
Registered
4,014 Posts

Good for her ..but i dont believe it .

·
Banned
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

:lol:

In an interview with L'Equipe this Saturday, Justine Henin discusses his post-tennis and announced that she will not be back.

Now aged 26 years, the Belgian player, winner of seven Grand Slam tournaments, announced his retirement last year to everyone's surprise. A phase of depression accompanied this decision, but now seems back in order. "The two-three months, I was afraid to gain weight, fear of emptiness. I practiced many sports, I have studied, "said the former champion, who also discusses his new life, including his involvement in his Limelette club and her activities.

While her compatriot Kim Clijsters officially announced his return to competition for the U.S. tour this summer, Justine Henin, however, rejects the idea of a comeback on the circuit. "The desire is not coming back," she says during the interview. "I don't miss tennis," said she, categorical.

·
Registered
4,642 Posts

it says nothing of masha ;)

she said the desire will never come back, she doesn't miss it.

·
x
34,531 Posts

Can I just say I wished Maria was back soon :angel:

·
Registered
27,793 Posts
Re: Henin :"Envy is not coming back, I don't miss tennis"

she enjoys a better life than tennis,why should she come back?:shrug:

·
Banned
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

The topic headline should be changed; her DESIRE hasn't come back, not her ENVY. :lol:
I won't change.

·
Banned
9,219 Posts

I really admire the longevity of the Williams sisters, their desire to compete is as strong as ever 12 years on. :bowdown: :worship:

·
Registered
534 Posts
I never seriously thought Justine would come back, and I still don't.

To me her decision to stop came from an entirely different place than Kim's and always seemed to be to be a deeper point in Justine's life. With Kim I felt that the original decision to retire was borne as much out of frustration with injury and rehab and a weariness from so much travelling as anything else, and after some time away she would come to appreciate and miss it more.

With Justine it seemed to me that she reached a point where she'd had so many great moments in the sport already but it was not getting easier, and it reached a point where her desire to compete and to win cost more than she was willing to pay in terms of the effort and sacrifices she had to put in to achieve them. The memories of her beautiful moments were enough for her and winning more wouldn't add anything, so she stopped. I may be wrong of course, but with Justine I see that door as permanently closed now. It will be interesting to see if she does ever change her mind - she's one year behind Kim in terms of time away - but I really doubt it. Justine has always seemed to know her own mind and her own needs very well.

·
Registered
17,922 Posts
I'm just glad she made this very clear statement right now, cutting off all speculation that she has any interest in following Kim back to the Tour.

Mashafaaaaan, thank you for posting this news. :kiss:

·
Registered
17,699 Posts
This was obvious. That comeback rumor was just from a desperate, dumb journalist who wanted his articles to be read :tape:.

·
Registered
26,668 Posts
Justine :tape: :smash:

Oh well, I am fucking happy Kim is coming back so I am fine :angel: Would have cried of happiness if it was the other Belgian :sobbing:

I am crazy because I am going to buy that crap of newspaper this afternoon :tape: The most hilarious thing is that when I read some old threads of 2006-2007, the WS fans were like " oh Henin doesn't have a life, she only lives for tennis :yawn: sad for her that she will be there longer than the WS who have a true life :lol: "

·
Registered
16,443 Posts
She can always change her mind so :p

·
Banned
9,219 Posts
^^Is there a quote anywhere to support that? I don't recall that sort of general sentiment. :shrug: But I think the lesson to learn from the WS in all this has been to have some sort of life while you play, to prevent burnout at 25(e.g.), and to increase your chances at being a top contender in your late twenties... as opposed to, I dunno finished and 'washed up', as they say in showbiz.

WS :worship:

·
Donna DOnna DOonnaaa
9,977 Posts
Justine :tape: :smash:

Oh well, I am fucking happy Kim is coming back so I am fine :angel: Would have cried of happiness if it was the other Belgian :sobbing:

I am crazy because I am going to buy that crap of newspaper this afternoon :tape: The most hilarious thing is that when I read some old threads of 2006-2007, the WS fans were like " oh Henin doesn't have a life, she only lives for tennis :yawn: sad for her that she will be there longer than the WS who have a true life :lol: "
Tu vois l'article ici?
http://img42.xooimage.com/files/5/2/5/18_pdfsam_l-equipe-2009-03-28-cc7e69.pdf

1 - 20 of 52 Posts