Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here´s an extract of Bob Larson´s tennisnewsletter:
But Henin-Hardenne brings other things to the contest: Her magnificent serve, mechanically the best of any player on the Tour.

Well, there I think Larson is a bit too ambitious about Justine. Sure, she has a pretty good serve. But in no way is her serve better than Serena´s.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
indeed, did she ever serve anybody off the court?

her serve really improved incredible especially on big points but it's not the best serena,venus and even lindsay in good form have a bigger weapon in the serve even when height plays a part

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
He said MECHANICALLY, not implying she has the fastest/most well placed/ highest percentage, but MECHANICALLY.

For the record although i think its good i think there are better ones out there, but he is entitled to his opinion.

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darran said:
He said MECHANICALLY, not implying she has the fastest/most well placed/ highest percentage, but MECHANICALLY.

For the record although i think its good i think there are better ones out there, but he is entitled to his opinion.
Not even mechanically. Serena´s serving motion is textbook!

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
i'm not saying her serve is the best in any way, all i'm going to say is that for someone of justine's height she serves bloody hard.

·
Registered
731 Posts
textbook does not necessarily mean mechanical. I think Justine is the best mechanically because it does not out much pressure on her upper body, it spreads the pressure throughout her body, making her less likely to be injured. So yes Justine's serve is better in that sense. Serena certainly can serve people off court but I have only seen that twice ever. Justine has no need to do this because the rest of her game is so strong.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I like Justine's serve because it is very effective for somebody her height...But her backhand is what I think is the best in the game. It is a thing of beauty!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts