Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do u americans think people are only harsh too you

im sick of hearing about how crowds boo the williams sisters - today people did that to justine and jen encouraged them

Henin deserved to win and played a gutsy game !!!!!

i think its funny how u americans think that everyone is against you, capriarti played an awesome match and would of won 9.8 /10 any other time but Henin played better and good luck in final

Reactions: MartinaI

·
Premium Member
20,087 Posts
The new york crowd was just paying the little girl back for her nastiness at the french. Accept it, and move on. She made a reputation for herself, and she is accepting well.

·
Registered
3,762 Posts
harloo said:
The new york crowd was just paying the little girl back for her nastiness at the french. Accept it, and move on. She made a reputation for herself, and she is accepting well.
That was what I am thinking too. But also because Jennifer has always been a crowd favorite here in New York and because they want to see an American in the final!! Gotta hand it those those fans who yelled Jen's name for 3 hours! :)

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Hey I agree, and I live in the US - the NY crowd was very rude at points, especially when Justine faulted. yeah, they did that to Serena at the French, but is it going to make it better by doing it to other players?! NO! I just wish fans and players alike could be civil to each other - no matter where they are from.

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,887 Posts
and I didn't hear her get booed? did anyone else? for all this American bull shit the crowd didn't treat Justine no where near as nasty as the French crowd treated Serena and it still took almost a complete set before Justine could handle it. Like I said somewhere else if what happened in the first set had happened in the third Justine would've been history. However, it happened in the first and thanks to a great "choke" by Jennifer it gave Justine a second life to try again.

·
Registered
24,739 Posts
i agree with calling out in between serves... it's getting ridiculous... not once did the head chairwoman quiet them in between serves. that goes for all the tennis crowds. i can understand cheering for a double fault in some crazy way bc every point counts so much and everything...

·
Registered
13,564 Posts
You Americans were saying what a shame it was from the French public (it was) but they do the same now :retard: You'd better gave the right example to the French watchers :p

·
Registered
279 Posts
fleemke² said:
You Americans were saying what a shame it was from the French public (it was) but they do the same now :retard: You'd better gave the right example to the French watchers :p
:drool: :drool: Just a few words to all those who thought: Justine is not a mental and fysical player... bwahaaaaa

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,887 Posts
fleemke² said:
Ohh please that crowd did not jeer and boo Justine when any ball was close to the line nor did they boo justine when she left the court.

I thought the Justine fans were saying that Serena should be use to crowds being against her and it shouldn't effect her yet Justine promptly lost 4 straight games when the crowd "turned" on her and they weren't even booing her.

·
Premium Member
20,087 Posts
Rocketta said:
and I didn't hear her get booed? did anyone else? for all this American bull shit the crowd didn't treat Justine no where near as nasty as the French crowd treated Serena and it still took almost a complete set before Justine could handle it. Like I said somewhere else if what happened in the first set had happened in the third Justine would've been history. However, it happened in the first and thanks to a great "choke" by Jennifer it gave Justine a second life to try again.
Exactly Rocketta!!!! :D

·
Registered
877 Posts
This makes the victory in this semifinal even more beautiful.

Justine made a strength of a weakness. She was not mentally strong, an year ago, but now, she stronger than everyone. She won against JCap and the whole crowd! GREAT! Enjoy your victory, Justine!

·
Registered
10,975 Posts
you hafta remember

(one) nyc crowds are VERY patriotic
(two) the fans went basically three days w/o any exciting night matches. so of course they were extra excited at seeing such an amazing show
(three) this doesnt even compare to what the french did to serena
(four) people DID cheer for justine when they announced her as the winner. they also cheered on some of her good points. they just wanted to see some good tennis.
(five) cap is a hometown favorite
(six) stop generalizing by saying "you americans". fucking idiot.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.