Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I try to join it says this:

The site you are attempting to access was upgraded on February 5, 2003, and the link you are using is no longer valid. The new grid.org website is your single destination for large-scale research projects. Please use the links below to reach the main sections of the new website.

Please help!

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
calm down, man ;)

go here

look at the sidebar on the left, and you'll see a link that says, "Download Now! Join the fight by joining the Grid!" Click on it and you'll come to a download page, click "Download Now." Save it to your hard-drive. Then double-click the setup.exe icon...go through the set-up wizard. A little blue oval will appear on your desktop toolbar. Double-click it and a menu will come up with "Primary Task Information" in the menu bar...and if you're lucky, there will be "LIGANDFIT CANCER RESEARCH PROJECT PHASE II" in bold letters underneath. If that's not there...just let me know and I'll tell you the rest. ;)

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its working but how to do I do tasks

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
Anyway, if the menu does say "LIGANDFIT", then you're all set. Just keep the program on, and it does the tasks automatically.

Be patient, depending on your connection speed, and how long you leave your computer online, it'll take anywhere from one day to eternity to complete a task. Go ahead and join Team WTAworld, and when your first task is complete you'll get a blue bubble.

oh, how you join Team WTAworld...on the blue-bubble menu you'll see "View your Scores and Rewards." click on that, and sign in. on the side-bar, you'll see "Teams." Click on it, and in the search box type "Team WTAworld." click on that and then click "join this team." After you've joined the team, put your username (the name you used to sign-in at grid.org) in this thread and when you complete your first task and the result is returned (which could take a few hours), you'll get a blue bubble. That should be it.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,310 Posts
I need some help too. Since I installed this, when I was using the computer the tasks were always running, I could click in a little window on the right corner of my computer and then I could see my points, how it was going, etc. But since 1 or 2 weeks, that window is not there anymore and the tasks are also not running anymore. I have to go to the place where I have the UD server installed to put it working again and most of the times I forget to do so, what can I do to put it back working as before? :help: Sorry for my english :eek:

Thanks in advance :)

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Your english is perfect...but I can't help you because I have no clue...

·
41,227 Posts
you just have to start the program during the startup of your computer. I don't know what Operating System you have...

·
5,310 Posts
per4ever said:
you just have to start the program during the startup of your computer. I don't know what Operating System you have...
I have Windows. This is what says in the UD Agent help:

Starting the UD Agent
After installation on a computer that runs the Windows operating system, the Agent should automatically start when the computer is turned on. If the Agent does not automatically start, you can start it manually.

To start the UD Agent manually:

Click Start > Programs > United Devices > UD Agent.

The Agent starts and the UD icon is displayed in the taskbar status area.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks so much! When can I get my next color up? I have...2117 points!

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
alextreiber03 said:
thanks so much! When can I get my next color up? I have...2117 points!
you need to calm down.

10,000 = bronze
25,000 = silver
50,000 = gold
100,000 = red and bolt

·
5,310 Posts
GBFH said:
Did you follow what it said to do in the help index? That sounds about right.
Yes, but I think you are not understanding my problem (because of my poor English :eek: ). My real problem is this:

Starting the UD Agent
After installation on a computer that runs the Windows operating system, the Agent should automatically start when the computer is turned on. If the Agent does not automatically start, you can start it manually.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want the Agent starting again automatically when I turn on the computer, because I often forget to start it manually. :eek: ;)

·
Registered
18,948 Posts
AnnaK_Fan said:
Yes, but I think you are not understanding my problem (because of my poor English :eek: ). My real problem is this:

Starting the UD Agent

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want the Agent starting again automatically when I turn on the computer, because I often forget to start it manually. :eek: ;)
oh....er....I don't know how to make it start automatically. I have no idea what's wrong with your OS or the agent that doesn't make it automatically start...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts