Tennis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone...just wondering if you have any tips for when I take my 11 year old sister to play tennis in a few days. She was never interested when ever I played...but ever since she went to the rogers att cup and saw Amelie...she is hooked :).

Any fun drills you'all can think of that I may not have heard of already (as I went 'up the ranks?') ?
:yippee:

· Registered
2,961 Posts
You have to start with CONTROL! This is the more important thing. Start with teaching her the continental grip. Even if it sucks, it's the best when you start. Hit forehand to forehand with her in mini-tennis(both on the service line). Work on one shot at a time, it is soooooooo important. When you see she gets the hang of hit(10 shots rallies), try with the backhand(two-handed or one-handed, you choose but 2 hands is more popular). When she gets that too, start moving back...

Then work on serves(step by step), volleys, movement..

· Premium Member
10,632 Posts
continental lol. wouldnt it be tough to learn having to slice both sides, and then the further problem of having to change to a more western style later on?

· Registered
2,961 Posts
That's the way you have to start. You don't show the big extreme-western grip right away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.