Tennis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"A lot of players pulled out already so I didn't really want to make that decision," said Clijsters. "For the tournament, I didn't want to do that. I'm definitely not looking for excuses but I'm just saying I didn't have the right preparation when I got here."

What kind of _preparation_ is kim talking about? This one?

:eek:

Seriously though, how do players prepare in between tournaments? And, how come kim didn't manage to get this preparation this time? Did the whole whoopla bout #1 position distract her?

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
um, she had to fly from the west coast to toronto after winning her last tournament and doing tons of press after attaining the #1.
I think she was a bit tired, no? the preparation meant getting to toronto at a decent hour and getting some rest. it just all caught up to her.

·
Banned
3,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But, she had what? 3 or 4 days b/n reaching to Toronto and Playing Lina. I would think that would be enough time to settle or get over the Jet lag. So, I still don't understand that quote.

Anyways, this quote demonstrates how nice people get screwed up b/c they don't want to say no:
A lot of players pulled out already so I didn't really want to make that decision

·
Kart & I against the WtaWorld!
35,887 Posts
Ohh come on the girl was Tired probably more emotionally then physically from her Number 1 assent. We got upset, rightly so imho, when people questioned Serena being tired and I for one belive Kim was tired and ran out of gas.

No big deal they get tired from playing and the extra pressure heaped on the top players.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
11,823 Posts
Rocketta said:
Ohh come on the girl was Tired probably more emotionally then physically from her Number 1 assent. We got upset, rightly so imho, when people questioned Serena being tired and I for one belive Kim was tired and ran out of gas.

No big deal they get tired from playing and the extra pressure heaped on the top players.
:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.